Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the FSM but I cant find the drain plugs on the engine. These are the plugs you open, along with the radiator drain plug to remove the coolant....

Have a 2004 Sequoia

Anyone?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sides of the engine block under the exhaust manifolds. Can't really describe their location, but they are brass and have a 6/8mm bolt going into what looks like a banjo fitting that has a spot to put a hose on. I remember them being pretty easy to find.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'll post what I told you for reference:

They are really easy to get to. Look underneath the car (it's even easier when you're standing underneath it). There are two drains, one on each side. Attach a hose to the nipple and loosen (don't remove) the brass bolt. It'll start draining into the hose and catch dish. Piece of cake.

Remove the skidplate, it'll be much roomier. I don't remember what size; I just grabbed a piece off the wall that fits. It's probably an 8mm fitting so a piece of 5/16" hose will work fine. It doesn't have to be perfect; you're just guiding the coolant into the drain pan instead of making a mess. I wish all manufacturers had those fittings, it would make my job a lot easier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts