Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking Im going to use Donahoe front spacers to level my 04 DC and put some more aggressive tires on it. Please post any pics you may have or send them to [email protected]. Just trying to get a idea of what its going to look like.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thinking Im going to use Donahoe front spacers to level my 04 DC and put some more aggressive tires on it. Please post any pics you may have or send them to [email protected]. Just trying to get a idea of what its going to look like.
Thanks!!!
Here is mine..

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Crash it looks awesome!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok last question Im asking on this one... The Donahoe spacers that I have been looking @ are 2.5in but I have been reading on this forum that you only need to raise the front 1.5in to be level. Which is it???
Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
391 Posts

As to your question about how high to go in order to bring things level, my measurements on a 4WD (non-TRD) double cab gave me a stock ride height of19.8" front and 21.9" rear (average between left and right). This means just a tick over 2" will set you level. My Bilstein 5100s on the top notch brought the front clearance up to 23.3" a lift of 3.5"! (I'm still baffled by this based on everything else I have read here...)

I would love it if others would post their initial stock ride heights for the fronts on both TRD and non-TRD double cabs so that I could compare...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yep, Bilstein 5100 Pre load adjustable shocks up front, set on highest setting. 17" Helo maxx 6 with 285/70/17 BFG Mud Terrains!

·
Registered
26 Posts
oops for got pics.

·
Registered
469 Posts
do you get any rubbing with those tires? How wide of a wheel are you running? thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Here's my '04 on the same day HockeyFreak and myself installed my kit...

No new tires yet, but they will probably be 265/75/16's. :D:tu:

·
Registered
26 Posts
do you get any rubbing with those tires? How wide of a wheel are you running? thanks!
No rubbing issues at all. Only drove the truck for two days, it is now at Gibson Performance. They are using my truck for R&D on some new headers...they keep my truck and test fit it and I walk away with a free set of headers!!!! :D

The wheels are 17x8.

this truck is hot!
:ts:

Well here was my cost:

Wheels and tires - $800 (I found them from a guy who had them on his 06 Tundra for about 3,000 miles then bought an '07)
Bilstein leveling shocks $211

So a little over $1,000 for everything.

·
Registered
469 Posts
thanks for the info TRDDave :tu:

I already have my Donahoe coilovers in my shed set at 2" of lift, my Weld Dune 6 wheels 17x8.5" should be arriving any day now, and I just need to make up my mind about which tire size I want. I can't decide between 265/70/17 or the 275/70/17. When I saw each tire side by side you couldn't even see the 10mm width difference. There was a definite hieght difference between the two though...about 5/8" inch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man TRDAVE That truck is BadA** and what a DEAL on those wheels and tires.Thats the exact look Im going for! How do those mud terrains ride?

·
Registered
26 Posts
How do those mud terrains ride?
Suprisingly good. First time I have had Mud Terrains on a truck. All my others have been All Terrains. The only time you notice the MT is when you are driving under 10mph and you can feel a little vibration, nothing serious.

Man TRDAVE That truck is BadA**
:ts:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Wow luv the truck TRDdave. I just have a question about the lift that you put on your truck. Did you install a diff drop kit in your truck or do anything to the CV boots? and what do you have in the rear for a lift? I was also woundering if you installed the lift yourself, if so how much work was it?

Thanks

~Scottie

·
Registered
26 Posts
Did you install a diff drop kit in your truck or do anything to the CV boots? and what do you have in the rear for a lift? I was also woundering if you installed the lift yourself, if so how much work was it?
  • No need for a diff drop since it is a 2WD
  • No worries on cv boots since it is a 2WD
  • No lift in the rear completly stock.
  • 2.5 of work for me and a friend, he did most the work! The install was pretty simple.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts