Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been searching for some DCs w/ 20" wheels and Bilstein 5100 2.5" shocks up front....anyone here w/ that set up? Im not doing anything to the back, just leveling the front out.

Could I run a 275/60/20 tire w/ Bilsteins in the front?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have the Bilsteins, but not the 20's yet. Not many people running 20's on 1st gen Tundras...

The 33 od tires should fit without a problem. I have 31 in od tire now and there's plenty of room.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hit up Navtoy(?) here on the forum. He has a XSP DC with 20" wheels and lift. Check his profile for pics.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hit up Navtoy(?) here on the forum. He has a XSP DC with 20" wheels and lift. Check his profile for pics.

I tried searching for navtoy but no luck?

My plan changed a bit. Im going to try and fit some 33x12.5 tires so I want to go w/ the 2.5" lift up front. Since I dont do any off-roading or have any trailers or boats to haul :( I think Im going w/ blocks in the rear instead of the AALs.

Ive done alot of reading and somebody correct me if Im wrong but AALs will make the ride a little harsh but increase payload a bit and its fine for offroading...and the blocks will keep it feeling stock for the most part but you have to be careful offroading etc.

So with that said and the Bilsteins on their highest setting of 2.5", what size blocks should I go with to make my truck level? 1" or 1.5" and steel blocks or aluminum?

My brain feels like mush searching and reading through all these suspension threads these past few days. So many combos to go with!!! :selfbonk: :seestars:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I've got the 2.5" Toytech coilover. 305/55/20 tires with a little trim on the inside of the fender.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got the 2.5" Toytech coilover. 305/55/20 tires with a little trim on the inside of the fender.

:drool:

Thats exactly the look I want, thanks for posting your pictures up, that looks VERY NICE! :tu:

I was thinking of going w/ some 305s but I dont have fender flares and dont want them to stick out too much. What tires and wheels are those? Im thinking of selling my BBS' and buying some new wheels. I sort of like the XD monsters but still looking around.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found your thread. :) Tired doing a google search for your rifle wheels but cant find them or anything about them? Found some XD revolvers that look very similar.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I got new tires already because these wouldn't balance right but they were Dick Cepek Mud Country's. On a 20"x10" KMC Revolver with a -21mm offset. I am now running Mickey Thomson Baja A/T's. I like them a lot better. I have to cut a little of the pinch weld and fold it over to make them fit but they don't rub at all anymore.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Here's a better look at the wheels. I got them used off CL, they weren't my first choice but I really like them once they were on the truck.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's a better look at the wheels. I got them used off CL, they weren't my first choice but I really like them once they were on the truck.

I like those wheels. :tu:

Im trying to debate whether to keep my current wheels or buy some other wheels. I like 6 spokes the best so if I were to buy a wheels theyd look like yours or the XD revolvers which look just like yours.

If I keep my wheels I'll have to use wheel spacers because right now they sit somewhat close to the UCA and theres no way I can fit a 12" tire. The tires on there now are 11.7" wide, so Id need 3/4"-1" spacer to be on the safe side. I guess I could buy the spidextrax 1.25" spacers. :beatsme: My brains fried picking out all the parts, when I get one part to fit the other wont and vice versa.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have the bilsteins with 20s and 275/60/20 tires. I really like the look. The only time it rubs is when I'm in reverse or pulling in somewhere with a curb and the wheel is turned. I had to remove the mud flaps before I even made it out of the driveway after putting the lift and tires on and I took a hammer and beat the pinch welds at the rear of the fender well back some. Overall I'm very happy with it and my mileage actually went up from an average of 16 mpg to an average of 17 mpg as an added bonus.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've been looking into this same set-up, size wise, as well. I'm so glad someone has pics! Do you spacers on the KMC's? (peterfarhangi)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
His wheels have a -21 offset, I doubt he needs any spacers.

·
Registered
587 Posts
No spacers. If you do a 9" wide wheel you will need at least a -12mm offset and if you do a 10" like mine you need at least a -21mm. Mine are -21mm and there where really close to the UCA with the mud tires.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I like those wheels. :tu:

Im trying to debate whether to keep my current wheels or buy some other wheels. I like 6 spokes the best so if I were to buy a wheels theyd look like yours or the XD revolvers which look just like yours.

If I keep my wheels I'll have to use wheel spacers because right now they sit somewhat close to the UCA and theres no way I can fit a 12" tire. The tires on there now are 11.7" wide, so Id need 3/4"-1" spacer to be on the safe side. I guess I could buy the spidextrax 1.25" spacers. :beatsme: My brains fried picking out all the parts, when I get one part to fit the other wont and vice versa.

Mine are the Revolvers. :attention:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mine are the Revolvers. :attention:

I though they were but on your original picture thread you had them listed as Rifles? :D

Hey when you added the rear leaf did you need longer U bolts? Im just trying to get everything I need for next weekends install....:devil: The billies are on their way. :becky:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the bilsteins with 20s and 275/60/20 tires. I really like the look. The only time it rubs is when I'm in reverse or pulling in somewhere with a curb and the wheel is turned. I had to remove the mud flaps before I even made it out of the driveway after putting the lift and tires on and I took a hammer and beat the pinch welds at the rear of the fender well back some. Overall I'm very happy with it and my mileage actually went up from an average of 16 mpg to an average of 17 mpg as an added bonus.

Do you have any pictures? :eek:

·
Registered
447 Posts
His wheels have a -21 offset, I doubt he needs any spacers.
You doubt cause you don't know...

Offset. The distance from the centerline of the wheel to the face of the mounting surface of the wheel that contacts the hub.

Backspacing. The distance from the mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel. This measurement is closely related to offset (without actually measuring, backspacing is about equal to [Wheel Width / 2] + [Offset] + [about 1/4] ).

It matters on what the backspacing is, not offset.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You doubt cause you don't know...

Offset. The distance from the centerline of the wheel to the face of the mounting surface of the wheel that contacts the hub.

Backspacing. The distance from the mounting surface to the inside lip of the wheel. This measurement is closely related to offset (without actually measuring, backspacing is about equal to [Wheel Width / 2] + [Offset] + [about 1/4] ).

It matters on what the backspacing is, not offset.

No, actually I doubt because Ive been looking at buying the same wheels and I know the offset and backspacing of that wheel.... ;)

I know about offset / backspacing.

·
Registered
447 Posts
So what does that have to do with me asking "him" if he had spacers? My bad dude, my bad. Just cause my profile says Rookie doesn't mean I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.:td:

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So what does that have to do with me asking "him" if he had spacers? My bad dude, my bad. Just cause my profile says Rookie doesn't mean I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.:td:
LOL I really didnt even noticed you were a new member, what does that have to do w/ knowing about offset / backspacing? Just like I said, hes not using spacers as he said so himself....so whats your point, bad day I guess. Dont get your panties in a bunch.....:baby:

Go take a ride on your bike and blow up some steam. :cool:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts