Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you trailer guys moved the tow haul switch over to the traction controll switch panel? to make room for the prodigy brake controller in the slot on the dash in front of the shifter?
This looks like a great spot for it, Easy to get to in a emergency!!!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Does the Prodigy plug right into the prewired harness?? Where is the harness stored when it comes preinstalled? Is there a circuit breaker preinstalled as required in the Prodigy wiring diagram? Where are the dealers installing the controller??

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the Prodigy plug right into the prewired harness?? Where is the harness stored when it comes preinstalled? Is there a circuit breaker preinstalled as required in the Prodigy wiring diagram? Where are the dealers installing the controller??

Good questions

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I placed mine in the same spot Tundrainorange did. The brake controller harness is actually under the lower left kick panel. Your owners manual will show you exactly where and how to access it. Its easy to get to and it took me about 5 mins to hook up my brake controller. Just plugs right in, no cutting or splicing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I placed mine in the same spot Tundrainorange did. The brake controller harness is actually under the lower left kick panel. Your owners manual will show you exactly where and how to access it. Its easy to get to and it took me about 5 mins to hook up my brake controller. Just plugs right in, no cutting or splicing.

Tundrainornge doesnt look like a 07 dash to me???

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Tundrainornge doesnt look like a 07 dash to me???

Didnt look like 07 to me either, but thats where I placed it in my 07, right above the gas pedal. Its out of the way and still there if I need to squeeze the brakes.

·
Registered
595 Posts
You have to order part number 3040 to plug it into pre-existing wiring.

I put mine like in the photo. I think I'll be moving it at some point. When I have the seat moved up with someone seated behind me it hits my knee. I will probably put it between my knees under the sterring wheel like my other trucks. I didn't place it there on this truck because I can't see it there. I guess I'll just have to feel for it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have to order part number 3040 to plug it into pre-existing wiring.

I put mine like in the photo. I think I'll be moving it at some point. When I have the seat moved up with someone seated behind me it hits my knee. I will probably put it between my knees under the sterring wheel like my other trucks. I didn't place it there on this truck because I can't see it there. I guess I'll just have to feel for it.
On the 3040 harness is the extra white ground wire nessasarry??
I see there is a white ground wire in the plug connection so why the extra ground wire?:confused:

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
On the 3040 harness is the extra white ground wire nessasarry??
I see there is a white ground wire in the plug connection so why the extra ground wire?:confused:
I can't give you a honest answer on that. I hooked mine up. When you pull the side kick panel off you will notice at the top of the sidewall area there is a ground post. That is where I attached mine. I ran the white wire over the hood release cable. IIRC it was a 10 or 12 mm bolt. It worked out perfect.

Good choice on the controller! I love this controller. It is a hands down a winner compared to my Impulse controller. I do have to run the power number up to about 10 to get the brakes to lock. I'm not sure if I need to adjust my trailer brakes or if it's just cheap small gauge wiring on the trailer and I'm losing the power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts