Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else not doing the recall?
I'm not comfortable with some lube tech taking apart my pedal assembly as well as performing all the other 'solutions' Toyota came up with?

Unless I experience any problems I'm leaving my vehicle stock.

Am I the only one in this boat??

·
Registered
277 Posts
Nope no shims for my gas pedal right now either. my truck is running fine right now and I'm waiting to see if the solution they came up with is really going to fix the problem or not. and i agree with you 100% I don't want someone who can barely do an oil change and get that correct messing with my gas pedal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have no plans to have the recall done

·
Registered
136 Posts
If they don't call me (which isn't very likely to happen), I don't call them. I guess they don't pay any attention to exported Tundra's. we will see what happens.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
What recall?? I don't know nuttin about no stinkn recall....
Read this article...especially like the part about the shoe polish.

Toyota Recall

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
What recall?? I don't know nuttin about no stinkn recall....
Read this article...especially like the part about the shoe polish.

Toyota Recall
WOW! So, if I read this article correctly, this would kill those of us that go to the track if they are inputting a code to cut off acceleration if the brake is pushed.........

Yes, I know that is better than the truck taking off into a guard rail or through a stealership window. Especially better than my wife, kids, me or an innocent person in another car getting hurt or killed because of my recalled accelerator pedal setup. I will be having the stealership check mine out to be better safe than sorry later if my VIN is listed.......

·
Premium Member
5,468 Posts
I think that I will eventually get mine done, but not immediately.
I want to let the dust settle on this fix a bit and see if it works.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be having the stealership check mine out to be better safe than sorry later if my VIN is listed.......
Just to clarify all 2007-present Tundra and 2008-present Sequoia are included in the recall.

I personally would love to see what the EDR on the Lexus ES that crashed in CA showed. If he moved the vehicle to neutral, etc. Toyota says the info isn't reliable, but watch how reliable it is when someone sues Toyota and Toyota says that the EDR shows that their foot was on the gas pedal and not the brake.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think that I will eventually get mine done, but not immediately.
I want to let the dust settle on this fix a bit and see if it works.
Ditto here.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I'll let the dust settle myself, then probably not get around to it. Funny, gat a recall about the floormats right away, never heard anythang official about the gas pedal.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Just to clarify all 2007-present Tundra and 2008-present Sequoia are included in the recall.

I personally would love to see what the EDR on the Lexus ES that crashed in CA showed. If he moved the vehicle to neutral, etc. Toyota says the info isn't reliable, but watch how reliable it is when someone sues Toyota and Toyota says that the EDR shows that their foot was on the gas pedal and not the brake.
Thanks for the clarification; that is what I thought, but I also remember seeing an article with VINS. Thanks.......

·
Registered
277 Posts
shouldn't there be a letter sent out by Toyota to every customer who has a vehicle that is affected by this recall? I know when my F-150 was affected ford sent me a letter stating what the problem was and what the fix was. The only info I hear about Toyota's issue is through the news, and we all know how the local news likes to put their spin on everything.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Had my pedal fixed yesterday. No big deal, took the tech about 20 minutes and the truck drives the same as before.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Toyota will end up being one of the safest nameplates on the road after this stuff settles down. If these "problems" belong to them, and aren't UAW pay-backs by Chicago style politics,then 'they,' (Toyota) will handle it.I'm holding off on any recalls till more is known.By the time I need another oilchange,the real solution will be available.Gota take it in anyway.The 'to-do list' will probably grow by then!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
I had mine done late yesterday. A Toyota Master Tech had to perform the deed. No issues, other than they didn't put my cheap aftermarket rubber floormat back. No big deal, I installed it I guess I can put it back.

I dislike most service departments and refuse to use mine unless it is warrenty work. Don't really blame you guys for being leary. The service writer told me that they are only supposed to be doing the shims and not the grinder trimming. Not sure if this is just for 2010 Tundras, but he said the grinder trim is for cars to clear the floormats.

It does not effect the drivability at all and only took these guys about 45 minutes.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I'll give them time to become experts and gain experience at fixing it and then take it in. By that time, maybe there WILL BE something else as part of the TSB to fix.:rolleyes:

If it was a direct replacement with DENSO, I would be doing it sooner.

A loose piece of steel (shim) between plastic parts is still going to grind long term those plastic parts.:cool:

·
Registered
598 Posts
Had mine done the other day. I waited till they had done a bunch so they knew what they were doing. Also, I was concerned that it would change they feel of the pedal. It feels more "smooth" and has more of "spring back" feel when you take your foot off it. I like it better. Plus, I got a coupon for a free 5000 mile service and free detail.

I won't be doing the floor mat recall.They said thats the one where they shave the gas pedal and reflash the computer.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Technicians hook the car's ECU -- electronic control unit -- or brain of the car, to a laptop and add a code that tells the car to shut down the gas if the accelerator is pressed when the brake pedal is also being pushed.

Oh, WTF?!?!?!?!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts