Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive lots of miles a year and I don't want alot of problems from my ride! I want to do a leveling kit possibly the bilstien 5100 and I've read where people have issues with leveling the tundra! Let me know if you've had problems from leveling your tundra or if you regret even doing it?

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
got the truxx kit,, 100% satisfied... doesn't drive any different than it did stock....

·
Registered
655 Posts
Bilsteins definetly the best way to go or adjustable coilover
with out a doubt!!!spacers are not the way to go.PM mustang67408,we started taking pictures of the damage spacers are doing.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I haven't regretted my OME kit yet. Took it down some gravel roads today to get some dirt and it did phenomenal at 25 mph. The dash no longer bounces anymore.

Anyway, I highly suggest the Old Man Emu kit if you're putting on a lot of miles. It's a very complete kit (both shocks and coils) whereas you only get a "bandaid" lift with anything else that's not a drop bracket lift, etc.

You could do upper A-arms and such, but the lower ball joints take all the stress anyway.

Do a diff drop if 4wd, and enjoy. Just make sure to not over-lift your truck if daily driving.

-rockstate

·
Registered
166 Posts
A local guy has one on his '09 and it squats ass down when towing a trailer now. Not sure which kit he has though.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
here we go again.....

No I don't regret the 5100's. The only thing I regret is not going with mud terrains. I love my bfg at's but if I had it to do over again I would have those new Nitto MT's.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Another satisfied Bilstein 5100 user. It drove so great with the fronts that I put the rears on too!

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
here we go again.....

No I don't regret the 5100's. The only thing I regret is not going with mud terrains. I love my bfg at's but if I had it to do over again I would have those new Nitto MT's.
Cough I'll take 'em off your hands for cheap cough.

Seriously though, I need a new set of tires soon.

-rockstate

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Yes, I regret my spacer lift. I regret not going to a full coilover setup from the beginning. Coilovers are so much more bad ass and also the proper way to lift, over spacer lifts. In all reality I had zero issues with the LRO kit, great kit, nothing but good things to say about those guys. Truxxx, readylift and toytec are also good, solid kits. But in the end coilovers are just sweeter than spacers or bilsteins.
Go OME if you want a cheap (as in less expensive, no offense Morning glory) static kit. Go ICON or Camburg if you want an adjustable, rebuildable, and revalveable setup.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Yes, I regret my spacer lift. I regret not going to a full coilover setup from the beginning. Coilovers are so much more bad ass and also the proper way to lift, over spacer lifts. In all reality I had zero issues with the LRO kit, great kit, nothing but good things to say about those guys. Truxxx, readylift and toytec are also good, solid kits. But in the end coilovers are just sweeter than spacers or bilsteins.
Go OME if you want a cheap (as in less expensive, no offense Morning glory) static kit. Go ICON or Camburg if you want an adjustable, rebuildable, and revalveable setup.
No offense taken. I wanted cheap but quality. I couldn't foot the bill for a nice set of Fox shocks or something like that. So, I got what was nice 'nuff for me!

-rockstate

·
Registered
118 Posts
what did that OME run you morning??

·
Registered
397 Posts
No regrets with my 5100s also.

Only MOD I am regretting is my magnaflows.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Cough I'll take 'em off your hands for cheap cough.

Seriously though, I need a new set of tires soon.

-rockstate
You need to get a set of MT's

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
what did that OME run you morning??
I suppose I paid about $439 from this site...

3" OME front lift with shocks/coils - Toytec Lifts: Toyota Lift Kits: FJ Cruiser Lift Kits, Tacoma Lift Kits, Tundra Lift Kits, 4 Runner Lift Kits, Sequoia Lift Kits, Toyota Truck Lift Kits

You need to get a set of MT's
You wanna chip in? :D

Only MTs I'd look at getting would be the Trail Graps but I think they're too tall for daily driving man!

I hate to say it, but it looks like the 305/65/18 is the biggest I'll wanna go (against my will) and the 295/65/18 is the smallest I'll go. I feel as if my 285/65/18s have just shrunk in their old age. They don't measure to "spec".

-rockstate

·
Registered
18 Posts
Love my OME and mine ran around $ 1200 installed for front coils and rear leafs. I had the toytec prior but had issues with rear squat when hauling my trailer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the coil spacers aren't the way to go for leveling or ride quality IMO. Now the strut spacers like LRO, ReadyLift, and Truxxx's are the better route. I plan on going with 5100's and the PRG mini leaf pack for the back to level the back out, and hopefully cure my bed bounce. I think with that combo, she should ride like she should!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts