Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in removing the side moulding strips. May give the body a little cleaner line. Anyone done this or have pics? Is it a simple adhesive or is there a bracket to which the moulding strip is attached?

Also, slightly different topic but same vane - anyone debadged their vehick? I think the lift gate would look nice with only the Toyota emblem.

· Registered
1,039 Posts
I had to remove one to replace a damaged piece once, and I think it just had double sided 3m tape along the top and bottom of molding. I can't remember if there were any holes though. You may want to check with the dealer or local body shop to verify.

I've done the de-badging, and it's not too difficult. Use a heat gun, and be sure to put some masking tape above and below the emblem. Once hot, pry the emblem carefully with something that isn't going to scratch the paint. The tape is used to prevent the emblem edge from scratching the paint as you lift and remove. The hard part is removing all the sticky crap when your done. Good luck!

I think it looks much better on, and I'm not so fond of door dings...just my opinion. It does look better when the center chrome section is painted to match.

· Beer Me
1,677 Posts
to get off the adhesive, the easiest way is to get an eraser wheel, you can get it at any bodyshop or automotive paint supply store. it wont harm the paint and takes the adhesive right off. thats what the pros use

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll definitely de-badge - I'm a fan of the heat gun/hair dryer and fishing line trick. But the tip for tap above and below is a good idea.

If holes are present behind the side moulding, I guess I'll leave it. Maybe herculine-it, as its pretty beat up. Also, is the side moulding on the 05 and up different - seems like one I saw the other day was less contoured than my 03.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.