Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking hard at the dynomax vt 17956 muffler for my truck to replace the stock muffler. I'm also considering a hooker resonator tip with the red trim ring to match my wheels. I'd love to hear from anyone who's run or is running a vt muffler on their 4.7. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just visited a local muffler shop and ordered a dynomax vt 17956 muffler and a custom resonator tip. I hope to have it installed either Friday or Saturday if the parts come in. I'm looking forward to some growl when I get on it.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I just got back from the shop after having the new stuff installed and let me tell you something. The dynomax vt is mellower than the stock exhaust as in the stock made more drone at a constant speed than the dynomax vt does. I've also got a aei dual resonator tip on it and the sound at idle is super quiet, quieter than the stock exhaust. I have absolutely no loss of low end torque and when I get on it and the valve opens up the tone is very nice and not obnoxious but cruising is quieter than stock with excellent flow when it's needed. If you guys have been wanting better flow without a bunch of noise but weren't sure what to get then this is for you.

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,926 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you sir.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
sounds pretty good, different. I like different. I had a dynomax for a short time, just after I got my truck. It sounded good but was much quieter than I expected. My buddy talked me into a Dronemaster that he had laying around.... that didn't stay long either. I'm happy with my muffler now. I like the sound of yours, is this the one with the weird valve plate thing? looks similar to a throttle body?

·
Premium Member
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it has the valve in it and it works very well. Even wot it doesn't really get loud and that is what I wanted. Absolutely no drone in the cab.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts