Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Looks interesting and effective. I also want to know about this method. Hope someone here can give some reviews.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts
I seal mine after polishing and no issues.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
That dude made me want to smoke a fatty and hit the beach.

I'm gonna try this method, my lights are so yellow they almost match the amber turn signals these days. Good find Sucker.

·
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was gonna try it but I finally cashed in all my empty beer cans and bought a new set. I may try to do a retro on my originals an then do the lenses to see how they hold up. If they don't, I ASSume I can just swap the lenses. Oh wait, screw the retro, my lights are hella-bright already.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I was able to restore these headlights by wet sanding and polishing with Menzerna FG 400 and finishing with Menzerna SF4000. Super easy to do and takes about 20 minutes a light.

50/50 shots:

All finished and looking perfect.

Tools used:

Griots 3" DA
Wet sand 2000
Wet sand 3000
Menzerna FG 400
Menzerna SF 4000
Sealed with Menzerna PowerLock

Hope that helps,

Mark

·
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually, it doesn't. My questions was about the specific method linked in the first post. I've been down the buffing/polishing/sealing road many times before only return to the same road all-over again. This looked as if it would last WAY longer, which is why I posted it. ;)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have tried Meguairs heavy duty headlight restoration kit. Great product but quite expensive. Will try this method with my wife car and will see and compare the result

·
Registered
98 Posts
ive used the mothers kit on my long gone 03 echo and recently on my 07 tundra. worked like a charm and relatively quick. on the echo it lasted quite a while even with the majority of the miles being highway. its only been two weeks since i did the tundra but it made a big difference once all cleaned up. with the amount used, the kit should last me several years.

not knocking the method in the link, it seems to work well. the kit lets me use power tools and we all know power tools and trucks go together so well!

lee

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd say use the proper tools and chemicals. It's not like the Meguires kit is expensive, it works really well, and it lasts quite a long time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have tried several methods to restore headlight to former glory and alas, all were a temporary fix. Tried the 3M brand with drill and several stages of polishing. Deep woods off (really temporary fix) and finally gave up and purchased a set of aftermarket headlights from Amazon, paid $150.00 and the difference in appearance along was worth the purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Larry Kosilla (AMMO NYC) has a good comparison video (three different) methods on his YouTube channel, "How to Fix Foggy Headlights, 3 Different Methods:
- one method starts with sandpaper, similar to "Jumbo Jet's" suggestion above.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I use chrisfix

or

course there are literally countless technique but guess the more we find we may find one where we can use our normally stocked shop products without having to buy a special cleaner. We all probably have plenty of those for different uses......

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's the million dollar question...after polishing them up, has anyone use the clear film?

On my 13 accord I had guys come out and film the headlights....sold it in July for a 17 accord and in turn had the entire front end clear wrapped. Hoping someone has real world experience with it. By the books its supposed to be really superior but I didn't really keep the car long enough to know. I think the headlights and fog lights alone on the 13 accord was only about $125.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts