Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who bought the Toyota Extended Warranty used theirs? If so, any problems with any dealership not accepting it? Would you buy it again? Thanks.
I am trying to decide if I should purchase one on my wifes new Prius. I used mine on my Tundra for an ac issue but it was the only thing I needed it for. Still it was about a wash.

thanks

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I had a 100,000 mile warranty on my 03 v-6. At 68,000 my waterpump went, I had them replace wterpump and timing belt and drive belts. That cost me $45. Then at 92,000 my alternator went.I have a extended warranty on my 05 now.

·
Premium Member
1,077 Posts
My dad wishes that he would have purchased the extended warranty back then.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I purchased my 2001 Tundra private sale with 68k miles. The guy I bought the truck from had the Toyota gold warranty, for 50 bucks I had it transfered to me. I lost the trans at 98k miles cost me $50, along with that I have had about 5k worth of other front end stuff replaced. I will say that every time I have taken the truck in for the warranty work it has been a battle with the dealership.

The rebuilt trans that they installed last Jan shifts hard and has metal flakes in the fluid, they say everything is fine. I just hope it blows up before Jan 2010.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
Just make sure it is a Toyota warranty. I've heard big-time nightmare stories about some of the aftermarket warranty companies.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
I got an 80,000 mile warranty. It's an '05 & I have 44,000 on it. Nothing wrong with the truck & I think it will out live me. Just peace of mind. The 36,000 mile warranty is not enough. Seems like every vehicle I've ever owned starts having problems after 60,000 miles.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Got my truck brand new and did the extended 100,000, Replaced the streering rack and fuel pump so far both of which were around 45k-50k miles....And with the platinum warranty they will tow your truck to the nearest dealership, which was 3 and a half hours from my town.. so all in all it paid itself off and then some.

Edit: The dealerships are nit picky about some things, which i ended up fixing my self: Crack exhaust manifold, and Bad catalytic converter. But IMHO still worth it.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
I negotiated the 75K Toyota extended warranty for an extra $800 when I got my truck. I have a 2005 DC with 68K on it. At about 55k, the water pump started to leak, the dealer replaced the water pump and timing belt which would have cost about that same 800 bucks. So I look at it like I got the warranty for free and I still have 7K more miles to feel at ease.

I think it is worth it, heck, I pay almost a thousand bucks a year for auto insurance and NEVER use it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bought the truck w/ 58K and Toyota platinum till 108K.
ABS sensor causing both axle seals to go + brakes, twice.
Transmission at 98K
All new shocks and related front end rubber components 98K.

Totally worth it from my end.

Repo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts