Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
No worries, most of that should buff right out :)

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Man that thing was on fire!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have no idea what happened. It was parked in the driveway for 6 hours before it woke me up @ 3:30am popping and cracking.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Man that is one HOT truck you got there. What else you selling off it?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
:mad: So Sad! :mad: Keep us up to date to what the insurance company "decides" what the "actual" cause was. Spontaneous Combustion?

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Kind of looks like arson to me - if you look at how the fire and heat was dispersed throughout the lower part of the engine compartment.

I hope you get it worked out with the insurance co.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Ouch, hopefully you're not past due on your vehicle loan, that's the first place insurance is going to look :attention:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Dang sir! Sorry to hear that.

Maybe in a few months I could take 'em off your hands! I could meet you driving through in like Paducah.. or something like that.

-rockstate

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have no idea what happened. It was parked in the driveway for 6 hours before it woke me up @ 3:30am popping and cracking.

On the Tacoma; the truck powers up 4-6 hours after shutdown to purge the fuel tank. This "purge" lasts +/-30 seconds. I suppose the Tundra has the same system, however I've never been in the garage when it's done it. I wonder if something went wrong while it was doing the "purge".

·
Benny Hill
17,369 Posts
Mine has more paint on it than yours :eek: OUCH !!!!!

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
Good luck, I hate insurance companies...

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Good thing the truck wasn't parked in your garage!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts