Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys
my grandmother just recently gave me her 2002 tundra v8 that she took away from her son that was boonie bashin it. i took it in to get a diagnostic test (the CEL was on)
P0135 Bank 1 sensor 1 and P0155 Bank 2 sensor 1 now i did do a search and came across alot of good information that i saved but i am almost positive that all 4 sensors are bad the place that did the diagnostics wanted an upwards of 400 dollars just to replace b1s1 and b2s1 after doing a little research i seen that rock auto has been recommended many times and that the sensors are Universal for the upstream but as i said im sure the downstream sensors are bad also and found that on rock auto they have them too but in my research i seen topics about how CA emission vehicles need special downstream ones to sync with the truck? it wasnt really discussed well enough for me to understand but if that is true then could somebody point me in the right direction of a good brand and a website to grab some from thanks!

·
8,488 Posts
Rockauto has had excellent prices. Some here have also had good luck with Amazon and eBay. If you have a CA emission vehicle, you will require the downstream sensors that are specific to the CA ECU. They are more expensive than the 49-state variety. Plug in your vehicle's info and Rockauto's website should point you to the appropriate unit.

I strongly suggest that you only use Denso sensors. Note that it is NOT the 234-4154 unit!! If memory serves, it is the 234-900X series (but don't quote me!!!) I'd call your local service advisor and get the exact part number.

Go here for the DIY: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1197269-post2/

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
When I brought mine in for the recall a couple of years back , they replaced the entire manifold on both sides with nuts, gaskets, etc. It was a lot of work. I'm glad they did it under the recall otherwise that would have been big bucks out of my pocket. I know some here have been able to replace just the sensors, I tried that and was not successful at it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awsome thanks for the info yeah I saw a sticker on the hood said that the vehicle complies with 49 states emissions standards including california I will have to look for the ca specific. Downstream sensors

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
You might also want to check sparkplugs.com, they had the best prices when I was checking several years ago.

/Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts