Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm compiling my shopping list for my new CrewMax and lockers are on that list, and when I think Toyota and high-quality lockers I think ARB.

So, I sent ARB USA an email inquiring about the future availability of both front and rear lockers. Their response was that engineering is currently examining the Tundra's rear axle, and that there is no ETA since things are very preliminary. However, they did say that a "rear locker" is a "serious possibility" and that I should check back in a few months for a possible update. There was no mention, in the email from ARB, of a front locker so I replied back and asked about that again.

Yeah, I know... probably not a huge priority for most Tundra owners but if you have even the slightest bit of interest then please poke and prod ARB about these lockers.

I will send a similar inquiry to ARB Australia.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think its about time I send them another e-mail. I'd definitely jump on these if they made them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
E-mail I got in response:

The front locker will be done in late April. No plans at this time for a rear locker.

Jim Jackson
President
ARB-USA
720 SW 34TH STREET
RENTON, WA 98057-4814
Tel: 425-264-1391
Fax: 425-264-1392
You can view ARB products specific to your vehicle by clicking here:
http://arbusa.com/Products/Accessorize-Your-Rig/53.aspx
Usted puede ver los productos de ARB especificos para su vehiculo clickeando aqui:
http://arbusa.com/Products/Accessorize-Your-Rig/53.aspx

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
That's weird?

I'd rather have a real rear locker than the terribly done ASLD.

Give me a front locker and a mechanical LSD in the rear and I'd be happy but not the current setup.

-rockstate

·
Registered
297 Posts
I might be interested in the front locker to help me get out of a snowy situation. Well see how much it costs as to how interested I will really be.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, at least we now know the status of the front locker.

The person who replied back to me was a customer service rep so his information regarding the rear locker may be outdated. I'll take the front locker in April and hopefully the rear won't be too far behind.

·
Registered
207 Posts
they have been workign on the rear locker since 2007 so i have lost hope for arb to come though with it.

bring out the welder if you want a posi for the rear (and yes the though as crossed my mind a few times.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts