Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you have the buck's to throw at it,you will never be disapointed in an arb product.
I can't afford to put one on my truck since I will be selling it shortly or I would.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i had one on a built suzuki samurai and it looked really good. as far a cost i am finding them for less money than the road armor and other brands and i think i like the look better.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The ARB actually looks like it could have been a factory piece, especially painted body color. The others....... look like high school metal shop projects.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have the deluxe ARB bumper with a 16.5 Warn winch and Platinum Coil-Over from Skyjacker on mine and love it. Yes, you can't go wrong with an ARB bumper...

·
awpooponya
5,700 Posts
Pics are in my album...best mod on my truck IMO:tu:

·
Registered
750 Posts
Pics are in my album...best mod on my truck IMO:tu:
Sharp looking truck! That ARB looks good, you should get it painted that same color as your truck and it would look even better. Seriously nice bumper, like I said it looks like a factory piece.

Hey Toyota! Are you listening? Start offering these bumpers as a factory option!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
great looking truck ontherox that is pretty much the same direction i am heading. thanks for the input and coal dragger i could not agree more.
tim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Search the forum for a specific answer and this thread gets me the closest to the issue. I'm installing a ARB Sahara bar on my 04 double cab, and would like you opinion/experiences with a lift/ride height system to compensate for the additional weight of the bar.

I know from personal experience that installing an ARB (with a winch) on a 96 Disco made a significant difference in ride height and function, and installed a coil/shock system from Old Man Emu on it. That's not an option for the Tundra.

So, has anyone installed a Sahara bar on their 04 DC, and has input on a lift/height system? Rancho, Bilstein, etc? I tow a drift boat with this truck as well.

Thanks,

Derek

·
Registered
750 Posts
Search the forum for a specific answer and this thread gets me the closest to the issue. I'm installing a ARB Sahara bar on my 04 double cab, and would like you opinion/experiences with a lift/ride height system to compensate for the additional weight of the bar.

I know from personal experience that installing an ARB (with a winch) on a 96 Disco made a significant difference in ride height and function, and installed a coil/shock system from Old Man Emu on it. That's not an option for the Tundra.

So, has anyone installed a Sahara bar on their 04 DC, and has input on a lift/height system? Rancho, Bilstein, etc? I tow a drift boat with this truck as well.

Thanks,

Derek
Why is an Old Man Emu set up not an option for you? They make a suspension upgrade for your truck.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Really? Show me.

It seems that they don't. I could have sworn the last time I looked at their application guide they did, but all I see are suspension products for the new Tundra.

Strange.

Sorry man, that is a bum deal. Are you installing a winch too, or just the Sahara bar? If it's just the bumper you may not need the upgraded springs and shocks.

·
Registered
246 Posts
can't go wrong with ARB. I too have ARB bumper and winch (not installed yet). my last truck was an Xterra and I also had ARB bumper & winch installed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts