Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked to Buddy King at ARB and he has a preproduction locker in the back of his 2nd gen tundra. I asked him if they were going to move forward with production and was told that there wasnt enough interest. I know that we have alot of owners who would like to replace their diff with a locker, so lets email or call him with our requests and get the ball rolling. Also they have just released the locker for the front, part # RD141.
just to note front will be around 900.00 and rear 1,100.00

email
[email protected]

1-866-293-9078

·
Registered
17 Posts
How would the locking rear diff play with the existing traction control system or the stability control system?

Any adverse effects or would one have to disable those systems?

If conditions require the system to activate and pulse the anti-lock breaks with the locker is engaged, would the system actually be allowed to perform its function? Or would it cause complete loss of control by unitentionally applying the breaks to both wheels?

Glen

·
Registered
187 Posts
How would the locking rear diff play with the existing traction control system or the stability control system?

Any adverse effects or would one have to disable those systems?

If conditions require the system to activate and pulse the anti-lock breaks with the locker is engaged, would the system actually be allowed to perform its function? Or would it cause complete loss of control by unitentionally applying the breaks to both wheels?

Glen

As with any rear locker, the VSC and TC needs to be turned off manually before use. When the Locker comes from the factory on the Tacoma's and the FJC's turning on the locker automatically turns off the nannies.

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
wasnt enough interest.

This is laughable. Just look for my "eaton" thread. Being we ALL have open differentials.... there will ALWAYS be a market for alternatives. "Lack of interest" is often the convenient way of saying "we don't want to make one".

Someone will eventually make a LSD/locker..and reap the rewards ten fold....

Oddly enough, I don't remember being asked if I was interested ??

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I sent them an email. I had two air lockers in 84 4Runner and loved them. I'd gladly put two more into my Tundra.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
As with any rear locker, the VSC and TC needs to be turned off manually before use. When the Locker comes from the factory on the Tacoma's and the FJC's turning on the locker automatically turns off the nannies.
im not sure why you would have to do anything to the traction control?? if the wheels are locked togther, than the system will just never sense an out of control situation. so it should be able to remain untouched.

as for my interest, a locker is pointless for me, as my truck is a daily driver. if it was an LSD, i would be VERY interested.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Nice.

And only 3 months past the intended released date, not bad. Who's first (I'm broke)?
Having mine installed any day now, working on scheduling a date. Ordered it from Rock-Tech Off Road. I got the first unit :), pre-ordered this thing back in March. :) Will let you guys know how it works out. Not always good to be first...

·
Registered
441 Posts
I spoke with ARB and Auburn last week. Both said they were not making lockers/LSD's for our pickups.

·
Registered
304 Posts
ooooo, I want lockers! As long as they dissengage all the nannies when they are activated im totaly game.:tu:
I'm with Mongo, "as long as they dissengage the nannies...", I'm in. My truck is 2wd and traction is a big issue off the line, sometimes even in 2nd gear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts