Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an ARB 200 Series Land Cruiser (2008<) rear bumper sitting out in the shop forsale. Some spare time actually popped up this weekend... so I was out in the shop mulling around. The bumper caught my eye, it had been sitting too long w/o a home... so I gave it a home. It's far from a bolt on for the Tundra, but it does look nice. :D There is still plenty left to do, but the main section in mounted.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Doesn't look too bad. Doesn't follow the lines in the least but it's headed in the right direction.

Is that hitch rated for any good weight on the Tundra?

Also, why did you bob the fenders a bit? Looks good. Finish the edges at all?

-rockstate

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
off topic, but what size are those tires? They look huge! I'm not a big fan of the bumper but I always like to see what you're working on!!

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sides tip up for a smidge more clearance and there is a trim panel that fills the gap between the tailgate and bumper. The bumper has wings that run down the sides for protection, so the lower section met the zip wheel... The edges are bent and finished.

The hitch on the 200 is built into the frame and this bumper mounts over it. The Tundra hitch sits low and is not even close to working with this bumper. I fabbed up my own hitch from 3.5" square tubing, additionally that ties into the bumper structure. There will be no issues with 10k lbs.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
I apologize again Brian for going off topic, but what lift do you have and do you have a side shot of your truck. I've been on this site for a long time and I've seen your threads but I don't remember seeing the details or the said side shot. Thanks man!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I like the rear tire idea instead of being underneath.....I wish there was a mod using stock bumpers or something.
Something like this??

Brian, I wouldn't mind seeing some side pics of your truck either!! What offset you running? I would love to switch from 33's to 37's. Right now I have OME HD coilovers that are giving me around 3.5" lift.

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't have any current side shots that really show the lift... or what is left of it. The front springs recently began to sag. It sits at stock height in the front right now. The rear has a 1" lift via Deaver Springs and Shackles.

The offset of the Hutchinson Wheels is +30mm. To get 37" tires in there, the cab mount was cut back and welded. Plenty of plastic wheel well liner trimming and reforming has taken place, it's almost to the point of no rub....

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I don't have any current side shots that really show the lift... or what is left of it. The front springs recently began to sag. It sits at stock height in the front right now. The rear has a 1" lift via Deaver Springs and Shackles.

The offset of the Hutchinson Wheels is +30mm. To get 37" tires in there, the cab mount was cut back and welded. Plenty of plastic wheel well liner trimming and reforming has taken place, it's almost to the point of no rub....
Can you take a picture of where you cut the cab mount back and welded it? Im running 37X14's and i have rubbing at full lock and its right on the cab mount. I really want to cut it but wasn't all to sure the best way to do it. Appreciate it in advance! :tu:

·
Registered
139 Posts

I would have to switch rims to get my wheels in more to run 35's. I have a +18. Can't wait for some side pics.

I haven't got any sag in my OME's yet. No winch yet though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts