Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First things first, ARB will not be producing a snorkel for the Tundra. However, they do have a snorkel that may work us. I'll be working on fitting it in the coming weeks. I'll snap a mock up picture asap. If there is any interest, please post up.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I would like to see it. I will not need one though, dont off road any really.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i think they are ugly and more suited to short wheel base/low overhang, huge approach/ departure angle type of vehicles..the ones that can actually get down into messes where one is needed...AND get out.......but hey....whatever floats your boat....or truck i guess...

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Yeah I definitly don't want/need a snorkle but would love to see some pictures. I'm sure someone out there will be interested in one of these...

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Tits on a Boar Hog comes to mind . . . . .

Never know though,people bolt useless attention grabbing crap
on their vehicles all the time

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What really stirred my interest in this was T-SB-0396-09.

"Some Sequoia and Tundra vehicles operated in areas with significant snow volume may experience
snow accumulation in the air cleaner box which can cause the lid to fracture. The air cleaner lid and
fender liner have been revised to reduce accumulation."

07 - 10 Tundra and Sequoias can be prone to pulling allot of whatever lighter contaminants into the airbox entry that the wheel happens to be slinging. In my situation having the ARB bumper has eliminated some of the liner and the situation is worse. My truck is used heavily offroad in deep snow and just about everything else. While I have not cracked an airbox, the tattletale vacuum gauge on the airbox will all of a sudden head for the red. Much of the time it is fine, but certain conditions allow it happen and I am replacing the filter.

There was a day when even some USA Toyota Cruisers were equipped with dust seperators... those days are gone. Toyota does still install them today along with factory snorkels on some vehicles for the "rougher" markets.

As for deep water, anything is possible.:D

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
What really stirred my interest in this was T-SB-0396-09.

"Some Sequoia and Tundra vehicles operated in areas with significant snow volume may experience
snow accumulation in the air cleaner box which can cause the lid to fracture. The air cleaner lid and
fender liner have been revised to reduce accumulation."

07 - 10 Tundra and Sequoias can be prone to pulling allot of whatever lighter contaminants into the airbox entry that the wheel happens to be slinging. In my situation having the ARB bumper has eliminated some of the liner and the situation is worse. My truck is used heavily offroad in deep snow and just about everything else. While I have not cracked an airbox, the tattletale vacuum gauge on the airbox will all of a sudden head for the red. Much of the time it is fine, but certain conditions allow it happen and I am replacing the filter.

There was a day when even some USA Toyota Cruisers were equipped with dust seperators... those days are gone. Toyota does still install them today along with factory snorkels on some vehicles for the "rougher" markets.

As for deep water, anything is possible.:D
:tu: You always contribute good stuff on this forum. If I lived in an area that required frequent 4WD use, my truck would have been built similar to yours.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Any idea what it might cost? After going through some serious flooding here in the NE the past 3 days...I might be interested. Plenty of washed out vehicles on closed roads (couple of pickups too).

·
Registered
753 Posts
i had a safari snorkel on my Jeep XJ and it worked better than I could've imagined. I lost it in a rollover, though.

-Tim

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'm pretty sure that Volant already makes a snorkel that goes with their CAI.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Do you have pictures of the whole truck with the snorkel installed? Looks good in that picture :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
It would be a nice compliment to the ARB bumper...hmmm.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts