Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the good people at ARB forgoten us,?:( I own a 2006 four door fwd tundra.There is nothing,well nothing useful,that will fit my truck from ARB.This is a drag because I think that most accesories from ARB are superior in quality to most other acc.I'm currently working on fitting the Sahara bull bar to my Fundra.This has become a consuming situation.Man it would be great to fit a set of Ol'man Emu springs and leafs on my truck.

·
Premium Member
11,253 Posts
Well...they make plenty of applicable parts, just maybe not exactly what you're after.

ARB markets a very good tire deflator (two actually, IMHO some of the best on the market), they market the Bushranger exhaust jack, their lockers fit at least early model Tundras (I might have a suggestion for putting their locker in a newer gen if you're interested--look up Sandy Cone, he mainly does desert stuff but ask about converting an ARB to the new setup...I suspect it will depend on the ring & pinion bolt pattern). Their compressors are quality (run underwater, anyone?), and they distribute Engel refridgerators. Just a guess, but as the Tundra grew, it (and the owner demographic) became something other than what ARB normally designs bolt-on parts for, so they focused on things like the new Tacoma and the FJ Cruiser. Gotta stay one step ahead of the major market, or at least in step...and that's bolt-on parts for sport-utes and mini-trucks (they probably stick with the Tacoma since it carries the same name and attracts the same demographic as the original Taco, despite being the same size as a 1st-gen Tundra). Like I said that's all guesswork but it seems reasonable enough...ARB's home market is the Outback and there aren't many Tundras there.

Good luck with the Sahara retrofit :tu:, post a writeup...I bet a lot of other late model 1st-gen guys will be interested.

ARB makes some excellent stuff, but honestly you'll find the Tundra is extremely well supported by quite a few builders...you can find sliders, skid plates, coilovers, shocks, all sorts of parts. For the fridge, compressor, lockers and deflator, there's ARB :cool:. They make/market all sorts of great stuff.

-Sean

·
Ever the explorer
2,391 Posts
Ya must not have done the search thing......
I just installed a Sahara Bumper on mine, pics are in my gallery. There is a post explaining things as well.
Went on pretty straight forward nothing a sawzall couldn't handle. :eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just ordered an old man emu kit from slee offroad for my 06 tundran double cab 4x4. Check it out and let me know what you think

1 - 4 of 4 Posts