Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if the pads are supposed to contact the rotor at all times? I jacked up the front of my 02 Tundra and turned the wheels by hand. I could hear the pads or something rubbing the rotor the whole time I was turning the wheel. Are they too tight?? It's this way on the driver and passenger sides.

Thanks a lot,
Jason C.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should have searched for this first, sorry. :rolleyes: I found a few other people had asked about this before. My bad lol

Thanks anyway,
JC

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Not asking makes the question dumb.

Pads contact. Both wheels should turn the same number of revolutions.

May not be a bad idea to remove the wheel and pads, depending on your abilities, and shoot brake cleaner around the pistons to clean things that might cause a little binding. Dirt depends on the environment. LA has very little snow and slush to build up.....
A little dampness is acceptable but any leakage means that an overhaul might be thought about, especially if you need to add fluid.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Always a good idea to check to make sure the lines are in good shape and not leaking. In addition, look at the condition of the rotors. They should be fairly smooth (not overly pitted or scored). Also look at how much "pad" you have left. There is a wear indicator on the pads that makes noise to tell you it is time to change the pads.... Make sure that is not the noise you are hearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts