Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to do a 6" pro comp and 35's and i'm just curious how tough the tundras are. Has anyone had any issues with the steernig componets not being strong enough to handle 35's. I just wonder about stuff like ball joints and CV joints. I will be running a stage 1 kit and 35x12.50/20's on 20x9 wheels with +18 offsets. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've had 35's for over 2 years now and not a single issue.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet! that's one of the reasons why I decided to go with the Tundra for my new project and the fact that the truck looks bad a$$. The wheels and tires are all mounted up and sitting in the garage and I just got a call from the freight company to drop the lift off in the morning! Friday will be the start of my weekend and it won't get here soon enough. Thanks for the info.

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Post pics when you get it completed!

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Very nice!!! Looks tough!

I am not usually a fan of black wheels but those are just right for your truck.

Congrats.

·
Vendor
597 Posts
Just take a peek under any IFS chevy 3/4 or 1 ton and you will laugh! The tundra components are Huge in comparison! I run 35's and I'm not worried a bit.

I'm about to do a 6" pro comp and 35's and i'm just curious how tough the tundras are. Has anyone had any issues with the steernig componets not being strong enough to handle 35's. I just wonder about stuff like ball joints and CV joints. I will be running a stage 1 kit and 35x12.50/20's on 20x9 wheels with +18 offsets. Thanks for any info.

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
Oooh. Nice truck. Great job on the lift and wheel/tire combo.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the info on this guys! You're right, as soon as I started pulling parts off, I realized how big they made some of the parts. I have no worries at all with it. Now I need to figure out to get back some of the lost gas mileage. Justified reasons to buy more stuff.

·
Ex-Mod
5,944 Posts
Thanks for all the info on this guys! You're right, as soon as I started pulling parts off, I realized how big they made some of the parts. I have no worries at all with it. Now I need to figure out to get back some of the lost gas mileage. Justified reasons to buy more stuff.
How bad did it hurt your MPG?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts