Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling the nerf tubed from the 2010 I bought and someone is interested in them but he has a DC; I checked Sparks web site and looked at the chrome nerf bars for both the DC/CM and they show the same part number, can someone verify that the nerf bars from a CM will bit a DC?

Thanks!:tu:

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
the factory boards that came on mine had four brackets, do the DC's us four. The Cab on a DC is one foot shorter so I wouldn't think they are interchangable but if it has the same part numbers then I could be wrong. Try to call Sparks.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
they are different. like said, the cab is shorter on the DC, and for the boards/bars with step plates for each door, they are shorter for the back doors and wont line up in the right spot. so, in short, nope. they arent the same. someone a while back moutned some CM boards on a DC and moved the mounting points back and made a new step plate as well, giving him almost a wheel well to wheel well bar and the step plate he added was between the OEM ones i believe or he moved one of the oem ones back, whatever, eitehr way he had one for front doors, one for back doors and one towards end of bar for stepping on to get into bed of truck. didnt look great but was functional. but that thread showed the difference in the boards CM vs DC

·
Registered
859 Posts
the factory boards that came on mine had four brackets, do the DC's us four. The Cab on a DC is one foot shorter so I wouldn't think they are interchangable but if it has the same part numbers then I could be wrong. Try to call Sparks.
I have 4 brackets on my DC. The holes are pre drilled into the frame. So, I would imagine they line up with holes on the bars. And the bars will likely be shorter on the DC? Iguess someone could measure the distance from first to second to third to last bracket.....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are 4 brackets on the CM bars so I guess a measurement is needed....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Measured my friends DC; his has 3 of 4 brackets hooked up on his and the DC's do have 4 sets of holes pre-drilled; measurements are 22' from the 1-2 hole, 22" from the 2-3 hole and 15" from the 3-4 hole and his nerf bars are 86" long.

I measured my CM holes and it's 22" from the 1-2 hole, 22" from the 2-3 hole and 27" from the 3-4 hole...I will have to wait until I get home to see what my nerf bars measure.

So....with that said will the CM nerf bars work on a DC?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have to measure my nerf bars when I get home, I was wondering that myself...

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
The part numbers from Sparks are different:
PT212-3407B for RC
PT212-3407C for DC
PT212-3407D for CM

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hmmm....the numbers are the same but the letter is different, I assumed the C stood for chrome, B for black, etc....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Measured my CM nerf bars and they are 88 1/4 inches so there is a two inch difference between them which is not a big deal at all.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
part numbers are different. distance between pre drilled holes are different. cab lengths are substantially different. step plates are substantially different. what more do you need to know??

plus someone measured wrong. i just went out and measured mine just to help a little, and of course i have all 4 brackets bolted up on my DC with factory running boards. mine are 78 inches long. there is no way the nerf bars on a DC can be 86 inches long. i put the tape measure at the edge of my front mud flap (way farther forward than where a nerf bar would start) and 86 inches is all the way back past the end of teh cab under the bed. now if he has aftermarket (sounds like it since he doesnt have all the brackets/drilled holes bolted up) that are wheel well to wheel well, then i can see it being 86 inches. but no cab length toyota bar/board can be 86 inches..its too long.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did the measurements and went from the tip of the front-basically touching the mud flap to where they ended and they were 86 inches; they are not Toyota nerf bars but fit on his truck.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
OK. thats the issue. they arent toyota bars. most aftermarket bars are going to be one of just a few lengths they offer, and they only chane the brackets to fit each truck (thus the reason not all of his are bolted up). a factory CM board wont fit a DC without some custom work for the brackets and if they are mounted where they should start with the factory front mounts, they will be too long for the cab and will go to the bed. you say yours are 88 inches long, if thats the case, IF i were to put them on my truck, starting at the front mud flap, they would go back to halfway betwen the front of the bed and the wheel well on the bed. IF they are nerf bars with step plates on the top, and if they are seperate step plates for each door, then the front ones will be too far forward to line up, the rear ones will start somewhere around the back door but go back to the cab/bed area and not be under the door where they should be. if you mounted the fronts correctly so they just went back farther, then youd have a half azz install where they go back somewhere before the wheel well and the rear step pads wont line up at all either. not to mention the drilling and braketry giong to be needed to mount it to the cab...then there would be nothing to mount to at the part under the bed since that part isnt there on the bed.

long story short, it wont work.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Concur...sigh..had them sold but not now....

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On a seperate note how do I insert my new truck/dealer into "my garage" ? My old truck/dealer was in there and now it shows n/a....?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm..now it is back, how do I change it from my 2007 to the 2010?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Brought it the CM nerf bar and compared it to mt friends DC and the CM's will not work; the first 2 brackets line up but that's it...interestingly enough the CM bar has extra holes drilled in it so it appears they make the bar "universal" but that's not the case.

·
Premium Member
5,472 Posts
Any chance that you could make an offset bracket for the third one??
If it's only a couple of inches off you might be able to cut it and weld in a piece to make it fit.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It could be done but not be me..I don't know how to weld/have that equipment..if someone were to buy them knowing modifications had to be made I would be ok with that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts