Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Are these tires stock size?

3K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  High4 
#1 ·
Hey Folks, I just purchased an 09 SR5 that I plan to rig as a proper 4x4. So I was looking for some nice new rims when came upon the picture below of a lifted Tundra. Those are stock 08/09 rims and pared with BFG All Terrain AT's the truck looks wonderful. So, my questions is can anybody tell me if those are stock size tires...275/65/18? I want the same look and thus same tires. Getting the arb bumper too.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
My guess from looking at the picture close up is no, they are not 275/65.....possibly 285/65 or 305/65?? If you go with 33" tires on the 18" wheel your options are almost totally limited to E rated (for AT tires). Are you going to lift/level it and, if so, how do you plan to do so?

#3 ·
I will give my SQ a 2.5" lift with Revteck package. I just need to be sure about the tire size. I am keeping my 18" wheels cause I do some pretty heavy off roading and need the bubber below.

#4 ·
I agree with you on the 18" and was considering going down to 17" (TRD forged off-road) for more rubber and a wider selection of tires but decided the bang wasn't worth the buck. I am going the route of Bilstein 5100 adjustables front (2 1/2" lift) along with a Rancho 1" spacer and Bilstein 5100 (non adjustable) on the rear (1" lift).

#6 ·
I am not familiar enough with the Revtec to know for certain, ThirdHorseMan has one on his truck and from reading posts seems quite knowledgable. I was going with a Camburg coilover but believe that is overkill for my use. I would be concerned about the shock length with a 4" lift and feel certain that the stock shocks would not work, not sure about Bilstein 5100s. Also, at that angle CV joint wear could be a problem as could steering geometry.

#7 ·
I would stick with the 2.5 lift and stock shocks. RevTek guarantees no additional wear to suspension or drivetrain and warranty by Toyota is not affected.

#8 ·
I agree that the RevTek is an excellent way to go and can even be installed by a Toyota dealer. I just want the added handling and heat-resistance from the Bilsteins monotube for off-road and they, too, will not affect the warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.