Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at Michelin LTX M/S 275/55R20 or the Michelin LTX M/S2 275/55R20. After 25k on original tires, I am getting a new set because of the dealer's mistakes. Are these tires worth it, or would something else be better?

Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am looking at Michelin LTX M/S 275/55R20 or the Michelin LTX M/S2 275/55R20. After 25k on original tires, I am getting a new set because of the dealer's mistakes. Are these tires worth it, or would something else be better?

Thanks

You should seriously consider the Michelin LTX AT2 :tu:

Users of this All Terrain tire seem to concur that they do all things quite well. They are supposedly quiet, great traction in general, good in wet and snow conditions and roll smooth and comfortable. They should also probably wear extremely well as Michelins in general wear like no other and I can personally vouch for that.

This is definitely my next tire after the stockers wear out!

...Glenn :D

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
You should seriously consider the Michelin LTX AT2 :tu:

Users of this All Terrain tire seem to concur that they do all things quite well. They are supposedly quiet, great traction in general, good in wet and snow conditions and roll smooth and comfortable. They should also probably wear extremely well as Michelins in general wear like no other and I can personally vouch for that.

This is definitely my next tire after the stockers wear out!

...Glenn :D

You can not get LTX AT2 for 20.

Only M/S or M/S2:sad:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have LTX M/S on my '95 4Runner. I tried to get them for my wife's '03 but they weren't available, so I ended up going with the AT2's. I love the M/S tires. I drove around on jobsites, in the snow, and lot of highway miles, and I don't have any complaints... and they seem to last forever.

I don't know how worth while my opinion is, because I haven't had a lot of other tires... but if my Michelins keep doing well for me, why change?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
You can not get LTX AT2 for 20.

Only M/S or M/S2:sad:
zpaul, I don't know where you're getting your info from, but there are a couple of the Michellin LTX AT2 tires available for 20 inch rims right on tirerack.com. I'm currently looking at the 285/55r20s. There are other sizes available for wheels other than 20 inch rims as well here. Unfortunately, nothing for 22 inch rims...

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I will be trying the M/S 2 next time around b/c of the huge treadlife warranty and the fact that they're a lot cheaper than the KOs I got on my truck right now.

-rockstate

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
zpaul, I don't know where you're getting your info from, but there are a couple of the Michellin LTX AT2 tires available for 20 inch rims right on tirerack.com. I'm currently looking at the 285/55r20s. There are other sizes available for wheels other than 20 inch rims as well here. Unfortunately, nothing for 22 inch rims...
Sorry, I mean you can't get it in stock size 275/55/20
If you go to Michelin site, they will send you to other manufacturers:crazy:
They do not even list M/S or M/S2
Look::loco:

Better results if you go by size, but still no M/S2:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,568 Posts
I will be trying the M/S 2 next time around b/c of the huge treadlife warranty and the fact that they're a lot cheaper than the KOs I got on my truck right now.

-rockstate
Have you also been less than satisfied with the KOs? If I recall, you had pretty fast tread wear.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Sorry, I mean you can't get it in stock size 275/55/20
If you go to Michelin site, they will send you to other manufacturers:crazy:
They do not even list M/S or M/S2
Look::loco:

Better results if you go by size, but still no M/S2:rolleyes:
Yeah, that is pretty weird... I wonder if that has anything to do with their inventory levels or not (i.e. availability as opposed to what sizes they make). Probably not actually, but still strange.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Have you also been less than satisfied with the KOs? If I recall, you had pretty fast tread wear.
The only problem Rock has with tire wear is......
HIS RIGHT FOOT !!!!!.....

:becky: :flame: :dance:

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Yeah, my right foot is a bit heavy but I've probably never made more than 20 revolutions of "spinning" the tires.

I might drive a bit fast but nothing too excessive IMO. From what it sounds lie, MX drives like I do or faster...

However, I got 20K miles on 'em and will probably be replacing them in another 40K miles.

-rockstate

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yeah, my right foot is a bit heavy but I've probably never made more than 20 revolutions of "spinning" the tires.

I might drive a bit fast but nothing too excessive IMO. From what it sounds lie, MX drives like I do or faster...

However, I got 20K miles on 'em and will probably be replacing them in another 40K miles.

-rockstate
Did you mean to say you are replacing after 60k miles? Doesnt sound too awful bad for AT tires......

I'm stuck with the ragged trails. Even though they (Rugged Trails) seem to get 50k miles + my limited offroad experience (read: in my front yard, getting STUCK), I hate them already after 4k miles.....
K/O's seem to be one of the best bang for the buck for AT M/S tires and 40k treadwear.... Did I mis-interpret something ?\

I'd have to say, for passenger tires, the Michelins were phenomenal. Smooth ride, long life, good wet traction, etc. I'm just not convinced they make a decent AT M/S tire (although, I could be wrong, I only used them on a couple cars and a 4th gen firebird T/A).

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Wow, sorry, yeah I completely wrote that wrong (I'm a bit sick right now, hopefully not with the piggy cough)

But I'll be expecting 40K miles total on 'em I'd say.

-rockstate

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,568 Posts
I'm just over 40K now on my KO's and they're still looking good. I thought I'd have to replace this fall, but next year is looking more likely. Probably just before hunting season next year, they'll get through the winter with good tread and start to get within 1/2" of the wear bars by late next summer.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yeah, that is pretty weird... I wonder if that has anything to do with their inventory levels or not (i.e. availability as opposed to what sizes they make). Probably not actually, but still strange.
Their site is not very efficient:frusty:
They see that original tires are 111H, so they assume 111T does not work on that vehicle.:rolleyes:
Such a nice way to turn the buyers off:tu:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, sorry, yeah I completely wrote that wrong (I'm a bit sick right now, hopefully not with the piggy cough)

But I'll be expecting 40K miles total on 'em I'd say.

-rockstate
Gotchas... I have a bud at work who just clocked 50k miles on his Xterra with ragged-trails and they look to be good for another 10k miles on the highway. I just wondered what others were getting with a little more aggressive use. 40k doesnt seem too unreasonable, but I won't be buying those tires again, not for this truck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't drive aggressive, my rugged trails show very little wear at 20K. They said I had 9/32's left at 15K. The Xterra is lighter than the Tundra so I could see it getting more miles out of them. I have seen Taco's with them that also get several miles. I have been anxiously waiting for these to wear out so I can get some new skins that I want. :) Looks like I will be waiting awhile. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts