Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a RHD Tundra on the cards?

Does anybody who works in the new plant know if the plant is going to produce right hand drive versions for export. If they are, do you know when? I am hoping they may send them over to OZ.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Re: Is a RHD Tundra on the cards?

I'm not sure. Has Toyota ever built a RHD Tundra?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Not to my knowledge, but I was hoping the new plant may be geared up for RHD for export to outher markets. I was hoping someone from the factory who frequents here may know.

·
Registered
935 Posts

Does anybody who works in the new plant know if the plant is going to produce right hand drive versions for export. If they are, do you know when? I am hoping they may send them over to OZ.
I'll trade you a RHD Tundra for a LHD Hilux Diesel any day...!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'll trade you a RHD Tundra for a LHD Hilux Diesel any day...!!!
LMOA!!!
Well actually I am believe the V8 diesel that is being released here later this year in the new 200 series landcruiser will go into the Tundra some time in 2008. I am hoping that a RHD will be available by then, but am trying to get some sort of handle on it as I am really need a new vehicle this year so it may have to be the diesel dual cab Hilux, however if I know a RHD Tundra will be coming here next year, I will spend some money on my existing Ford wagon to get it through until the Tundra gets here!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

TTT!

Any word from anyone at the factory about the possibility of a RHD?

·
Registered
699 Posts
I not 100% but I think the last thread I read about the diesel was 2009 whats a RHD tundra?

·
Registered
699 Posts
why the heck would you want that? is someone planning on delivering mail in a tundra? thouse are the only vehicals I know of that have right hand drive.

·
Registered
76 Posts
why the heck would you want that? is someone planning on delivering mail in a tundra? thouse are the only vehicals I know of that have right hand drive.
He is probably from another part of the world, like japan, UK where they drive on the left and have right hand drive vehicles. They say that it is the correct side so you can keep your right hand on the steering wheel while you operate the shifter with your left.

·
Registered
699 Posts
never thought about that. sorry for my ignorance. but I don't think I would like it that way I'm right handed but I always only use my left hand on the wheel unless I try and touch the engine with my foot the I hold on with both.:D

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
i gots a friend that lives in japan and he said all the tundras he has seen imported to japan are LHD. he also said the tundras are very far and few in between. the average roads are just too small for the tundra and most trucks for that mater.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Living in a country that has a lot of toyota trucks i can tell you that the tundra is only made and sold in the USA and any the ones you see anywhere else in the wold(U.A.E.,Saudi Arabia, Japan and maybe Australia) are imported and sold privately. So no RHD versions.

Do you guys in oz have the new shape cruiser pick up with petrol enginse(4.5 efi?) I just sold my old shape 'cause i'm getting the tundra but man for sheer toughness nothing beats the cruiser pick up, will see how far I can push the tundra off-road though.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
New cruiser is out now, but they don't make a dual cab version, that is why I am hoping a RHD Tundra will be made at the new factory and exported to OZ and other countries. Especially with the new V8 diesel, maybe 230 kW and 650Nm mooted!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd been very keen on RDH Tundra over here in the UK, Love the Hilux need more space. Anyone know if this is going to happen??

·
Registered
229 Posts
Where is this "Oz" you speak of? I am in Kansas and we all have LHDs here! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
544 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts