Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be taking delivery of my 07 DC LTD 5.7 in about 8 weeks, I am getting rid of 04 Ram 1500 Hemi that has been virtually trouble free. After reading some of these posts (tailgate rattle, box moves alot, piston slap) I am getting a little nervous with my purchase. I am having a hard time trying to figure out if there are more happy or unhappy 07 Tundra owners.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
87 Posts
Re: How many of regret buying new Tundra

NOT ME! I have it since 2/8 and have had no problems in almost 2500 mi. I'm happier than a pig in sh_t!

·
Registered
56 Posts

I am very very happy with this truck. It still puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it. :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Re: How many of you regret buying new Tundra

I will be taking delivery of my 07 DC LTD 5.7 in about 8 weeks, I am getting rid of 04 Ram 1500 Hemi that has been virtually trouble free. After reading some of these posts (tailgate rattle, box moves alot, piston slap) I am getting a little nervous with my purchase. I am having a hard time trying to figure out if there are more happy or unhappy 07 Tundra owners.

Thanks in advance
i bought a double cab 5.7L limited with navi and the 20 in wheels slate grey with grey interior
i love my truck ... there is alot of yip yap about a knocking but there hasnt been any breakdowns with it that i have read ... and i am sure that its not going to be a issue... what do i regret getting the tow mirrors i wish i would have waited and orderd a truck without them and the DRL is annoying i didnt want it but i couldnt find a truck without it so i was stuck... i still am trying to find a way to disconnect it

i would dump the dodge and buy the tundra .. you probally wont look back

·
Registered
37 Posts

not me, 100% satisfied.. A lot of the stuff on the forum is BS posted by chevy, ford, and dodge dealers posing as unhappy tundra buyers..

·
Registered
59 Posts

I love! my Tundra. My wife's getting pretty jealous.

·
Registered
214 Posts

Its important to keep in mind that the general population come to forums like these to bring up issues to the community and see if they can get help.

It becomes a very inaccurate way to measure "problems" with a truck. Don't let it discourage you - you will love your truck I'm sure.

Can't wait for mine!!

·
Registered
73 Posts

I am very happy with my truck, I've only had it about a week. I have not had any of the problems people have noted (at least not yet). Biggest issue might be the MPG, but I have been a little heavy on the gas (hard not to), and it is not fully broken in.

StrippedHonda,
You seem very positive in your assessment of your truck, but your sig line say you are selling your truck. What's up? Sorry if I missed one of your other posts.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Except for my tailgate rattle (which is a fairly small thing to me since I know what it is and it should be an easy fix) I have had zero problems during the 1600 miles that I've put on it except for the fact that I'm a little more cocky now when I pull up beside any other brand of truck at a stoplight. I am very happy with my truck.:D

·
Registered
848 Posts

I am very happy with my truck, I've only had it about a week. I have not had any of the problems people have noted (at least not yet). Biggest issue might be the MPG, but I have been a little heavy on the gas (hard not to), and it is not fully broken in.

StrippedHonda,
You seem very positive in your assessment of your truck, but your sig line say you are selling your truck. What's up? Sorry if I missed one of your other posts.

i am selling my wheels not my truck :D i upgraded

·
Registered
1,279 Posts

Love mine also. All those minor quirks are just those expressed by the vocal minority. Im not saying they are lying, just that it seems worse due to the fact all of us that are satisfied dont make posts everyday confirming our continued satifaction :tu: :D

·
Registered
137 Posts

Don't let what you read on here scare you, I have the tailgate rattle no big deal I'm sure it is an easy fix and what I THOUGHT was a piston slap noise (probably paranoid from a previous GMC I owned that had it) but it seems it is just the stainless steel headers (very slightly) leaking only until the truck warms up then it completely stops 4-5 minutes..I was a huge Dodge fan had 5 to date two with hemi's and one 02 with4.7 and two with the 5.9s and I drove the new 07 1500 RAM the day before I bought this Tundra but I got to tell you I would never go back after having the Tundra it's in a different league. Dont let my comments and a few others deter you from making the right decision which I and many others feel is the Tundra hands down. You are gonna love it, my Dodge trucks were really nice but the overall build quality with the Tundra is much much better and it is a great ride with power to spare.

·
Registered
877 Posts

nothing, nota a one, and what this crap about tailgate rattle, take it to the dealer before you vent on this forum, it could be something minor or needing adjustment. hell you want to talk about content, I sit around the firestation, 24hrs, just waiting for the next day, so i cannnn drivvvvve my baby.

·
Registered
352 Posts

Since having purchased my new Tundra I have been suffering from boredom and loneliness. I don't have the closeness with my Tundra that I had with my "domestic". All the days I would lovingly spend trying to get it to work right.... the times I would spend with friends and co-workers dissussing how or what we needed to do next to fix our "domestics". Not anymore... my Tundra has been so dependable and reliable that I no longer get to spend my days planning when I will get this or that fixed or worrying if it will last to the next oil change without any other problems popping up. I'm now forced to spend my weekends doing family things or relaxing. If you value spending your time working on your vehicles alot then stay away from Toyotas.

Jim

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

+ 1 :tu:

Love it - no slapper here.

The powertrain on the 5.7 is a friggen to joy to drive!
+2 :tu:

I left a Chevy that was sucking my wallet dry with problems. I've only had this truck for about 3 weeks and in that time I have to say I would never buy another domestic car.....ever.

By far, hands down, this is the best truck I've ever owned.

·
Registered
132 Posts

Thanks in advance
If you pay attention, the majority of those problems originate from just 1-2 posters. That's the power of "NEGATIVE". It doesn't take too many to dominate the scene. (not a knock on those posters)

·
Registered
56 Posts

haha, funny but true

Since having purchased my new Tundra I have been suffering from boredom and loneliness. I don't have the closeness with my Tundra that I had with my "domestic". All the days I would lovingly spend trying to get it to work right.... the times I would spend with friends and co-workers dissussing how or what we needed to do next to fix our "domestics". Not anymore... my Tundra has been so dependable and reliable that I no longer get to spend my days planning when I will get this or that fixed or worrying if it will last to the next oil change without any other problems popping up. I'm now forced to spend my weekends doing family things or relaxing. If you value spending your time working on your vehicles alot then stay away from Toyotas.

Jim

1 - 20 of 124 Posts