Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone has the DIY of the armrest removal? I wanted to replace that little amber light with LED and maybe add some.

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Anyone has the DIY of the armrest removal? I wanted to replace that little amber light with LED and maybe add some.

Thanks.
u talking about the center console amber light? i thought it was LED already....:confused: the one on the front that lights up the cupholer area...?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Pull up on the cup holders to remove them. Then pull up on the section that the cup holders sit in to remove it. From there you will see the led pod which is only held on by one screw. You can cut the two wires and replace it with whatever you want.
I just stuck a blue led in there a few days ago.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply but I needed to remove the whole armrest. I removed the four bolts inside the armrest but still doesn't move.???

·
Registered
208 Posts
just went through this tonight. You need to remove the cup holder plastic and the plastic around the shifter and this will reveal 2 screws that allow you to remove the back section.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Part of this video on youtube shows you how it is done. It is towards the end of the video.

YouTube - Tundra 07 Sirius Satellite Radio Install Part2

oh I forgot that the video doesnt show the one screw under silver cover for the shifter. Put the trans in N and pull up and it comes off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts