Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had an early 2000s Land Cruiser and after some time have decided to make a change to a 1st gen Tundra. I am in talks with a private seller from the rocky mountain region to buy one with 160k. Carfax shows that it's been serviced regularly, no crashes, oil, filters, shock absorbers, struts, spark plugs etc. For whatever reason, the timing belt and water pump didn't come up in the Carfax report. Now, I know this is something that needs to be changed (confirmed with my local Toyota mech), but the truck drives really well at 160K and obviously couldn't if the belt snapped. Note: I plan to replace the timing belt/water pump the day after purchase.

I wanted a second opinion on the underneath. I think it's in pretty good condition, the exhaust looks like it might need swap. I plan to use it in the western US from Washington to New Mexico.

How's the underneath look to you guys? Anything else besides the timing belt/water pump to get repaired asap? Any other concerns? View attachment 156084
View attachment 156085
View attachment 156083
View attachment 156082
View attachment 156081
I have a 2005 sequoia. 1st Gen. 4.7L engine. I just replaced my TB and water pump. I also had a transmission shop replace fluid and filter. My transmission is SEALED. Vehicle has 160k miles. Also wouldn't hurt to get a chassis lube.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts