Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently bought a set of five Tundra alloy wheels (with TPMS sensors) on Ebay as replacements for my five factory steelies. I decided on the following:

• I had my four snow tires mounted on four steelies.
  • I had an old leftover spare tire mounted on the fifth steelie.
  • I had my five good summer tires mounted on the alloys.

The spare steelie will get stored under the truck to take all the road grime abuse. For summer/winter duty, I'll swap between four steelies and four alloys. With five alloys, it makes tire rotation easier because I only need one corner up in the air at a time.

I bought an ATEQ TPMS Quickset tool for $143 shipped from The Tire Rack. The good news is, it worked perfectly to reset my TPMS sensor IDs! I was able to use it to read all five existing sensor IDs from my factory steelies. Since I received the alloy wheels loose, I wrote down those sensor IDs before having the snows mounted on them.

I now have the ability to rearrange the wheels any way I want (rotations, summer vs. winter, etc.) without any trips to the dealer, and with fully functional TPMS monitoring in effect!

- Chris

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
so are you saying you are able to store 2 sets of wheels? thats 10 sensors. if that is the case that is pretty cool. you won't have to go to the dealership everytime you change out your wheels! for the price of only 143, that TPMS tool pays for itself in 1 1/2 times you change out your wheels! :D

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so are you saying you are able to store 2 sets of wheels? thats 10 sensors. if that is the case that is pretty cool. you won't have to go to the dealership everytime you change out your wheels! for the price of only 143, that TPMS tool pays for itself in 1 1/2 times you change out your wheels! :D
Yep! The unit has a "summer" and "winter" memory bank, each with 5 sensor IDs each. Although I'm not swapping the spare (I have the same steelie in the "spare" position for the summer and winter), the unit can swap all five sensor IDs back and forth.

In addition, the software supports the tracking of four separate vehicles, so if you have more than one vehicle in the house that the Quickset supports, you can manage all of them.

Pretty cool...

- Chris

·
Registered
32,593 Posts
I keep my TPMS in a pressurized plastic pipe behind the seat. An all seasons end to TPMS hassles. :nod:

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep my TPMS in a pressurized plastic pipe behind the seat. An all seasons end to TPMS hassles. :nod:
I tow a 27' travel trailer, so I preferred to keep the system functional.

- Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts