Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '06 rc 4 cyl 2wd. I purchased, for the price of a six pack, a computer chip that plugs into the ATI.

The maker claims I will increase my HP by 15 and MPG by 5 -10. Looking at the instructions it appears easy. The only claimed downfall is that the "Check Engine" light MAY come on and than go OFF "in a few days".

As many things in life, "If it seems too good to be true it most likely is."

I have not installed it. Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

·
Registered
447 Posts
dont do it

I have a '06 rc 4 cyl 2wd. I purchased, for the price of a six pack, a computer chip that plugs into the ATI.

The maker claims I will increase my HP by 15 and MPG by 5 -10. Looking at the instructions it appears easy. The only claimed downfall is that the "Check Engine" light MAY come on and than go OFF "in a few days".

As many things in life, "If it seems too good to be true it most likely is."

I have not installed it. Does anyone have any experience with something like this?
if this is something like on of those resistor type chips....like off of ebay for real cheap......do not use it, as you may actually get a cel, but it will do absolutely nothing for your truck. i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but its true!

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Tacomaman is right... Don't waste your time...

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are my thoughts as it still sits taped to the instructions on my workbench ... thanks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
yes, its a waste of time and money. :td:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts