Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could I get one of you to take some pictures of the front and rear mounting brackets on one of your trucks. Thank you

·
Registered
297 Posts
I can, but it won't be until tomorrow night.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Why not just email or call n-fab?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why not just email or call n-fab?
Pretty sure they wouldn't like the fact that I am going to fabricate some knock off's of their product.

I'm not going to make them exactly like their cab length steps, more like sliders. But I just want to see how they mount on these trucks. I'm trying to avoid drilling into the frame.

I have a shop in the town that I live and the owner has an automated pipe bender and cnc machine, I just need to make the mounts and any support pieces.

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
If you look under your truck there are 8 bolt holes on each side of the truck. The steps that came on my crewmax sr5 had 4 brackets, 2 bolts per bracket. They just screw right into the truck. I imagine all trucks have the holes and there are probably bolts screwed into them. Maybe someone has more info. I can snap a pic of my factory boards . The front bracket was different than the other three.

EDIT: I attached pictures of the factory brackets. The one with the holes farther apart is the front bracket.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
there are three brackets with two bolts each. pretty simple. all mounting holes are there and no drilling is required.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Strange, factory running boards use all 4 brackets, if you are making a set you should try and use all 4.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I just installed my SS NFab over the weekend and only used three of the brackets.

I have a 2010 DC. It took my under an hour to install. Cost a little more but the rust issue is a big deal for me (plus it matches my bumper).

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
No gussets on those N-fab brackets ???

Good grief :eek:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Attached are the Nfabs I installed over the weekend. Looks great but really, I find extremely useful while exiting and entering the truck:).

My Nfab kit includes all bolts, washers -- locking and flat.

Priceless in my book...

·
Registered
97 Posts
now some chrome wheels and it will bling! nice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts