Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to warn you about Toy Car Care in south metro Denver, CO.
This garage is full of liars, thieves, and incompetent monsters. Last time I was there, they told me there was a TSB on my 2007 Tundra that required they change the oil to synthetic, which doubled my oil change cost. Turns out that was BS.
Today, I gave them another chance to redeem themselves. Big Mistake. I asked them to make an adjustment on the truck with their techstream machine (the computer that programs things). He told me it could not be done, and they had no such knowledge of the machine. So he was either an incompetent shop, or a liar. Turns out he was a liar.
They had a framed cert in their lobby saying they were an authorized Techstream dealer.
What was worse, after my $80 oil change, was the services they recommended that my truck needed. It was $300 worth of services THEY JUST DID at my last oil change. So, yes... they are thieves, liars, and ninnies. Tell your friends.
*** oh, and this was a gem. After I asked them about the Techstream machine they denied they had, I went into the little waiting room. I overheard them proceed to talk sh*t about me behind my back.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Shocking, idiots and liars at a dealership, you don't say. Good reason to do work yourself.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
There are two sides to every story (of course, I tend to side with the author) and everyone has horror stories from their dealership experience.

Have you thought about writing to their corporate office? With the economy the way it is, I am sure they are struggling like everyone else and you would think they would make good to keep you.

I did just that and got an apology letter and a new set of lug nuts after I made my point.

I am sure you can find another vendor in your area. Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
The exact reason I will not use my selling dealer. They lost my truck twice in the same week (once it was in front of the service bay). They have no idea that I know what I am talking about and all of it has been verified my Victor (aka Mustang___).

I feel your pain.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
The exact reason I will not use my selling dealer. They lost my truck twice in the same week (once it was in front of the service bay). They have no idea that I know what I am talking about and all of it has been verified my Victor (aka Mustang___).

I feel your pain.

LOL.:eek:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. Here is the thing, they aren't a dealership at all. They are just an independent mechanic who specializes in raping Toyota folks. He also explained I need new brakes. I may, but i am most positively not taking their word for it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

I feel your pain.

How the heck could anyone possibly get a Tundra "lost"? :rolleyes: Just sloppy bookkeeping or total idiocy?

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Thanks for the information. Sorry about your expierence. You know what they say "most honest mechanics are out of business" bummer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts