Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious to know what Toyota recommended for tire pressure on the BFG All-Terrain's. I believe these are E rated 10-ply tire (similar to my DuraTrac's). Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I was curious to know what Toyota recommended for tire pressure on the BFG All-Terrain's. I believe these are E rated 10-ply tire (similar to my DuraTrac's). Thanks!

Pretty sure the RW BFGs are P rated just like all the Tundra OEM tires.
I have load range E tires on my truck, after much testing I have found 40psi to be the best all around pressure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure the RW BFGs are P rated just like all the Tundra OEM tires.
I have load range E tires on my truck, after much testing I have found 40psi to be the best all around pressure.
Yeah I wasn't for sure if they were or weren't E rated.

I'm at 40 also on my DuraTrac's and I think I will try that for a while.

Thanks guys.

·
Banned
1,363 Posts
look on the driver side door panel...it will tell you what psi they should be and up that by 3-5. Mine says 32 psi...I run 35. But I dont have a RW.

·
Registered
916 Posts
My Rock Warrior tires are E rated. One of the guys on here also from Maryland does not have E rated RW tires. Its kinda weird.
Can't remember what the tire pressure sticker says, I'll try to remember tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
They are load range E on my rock warrior. 40psi is what the door jamb sticker says.

·
Registered
918 Posts
That's probably the MAX pressure stamped on the tire. If these are OEM tires I would go by what's stamped on the door.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My say 80 psi on the tire, I usually run 40psi but my tpms sensor came on and I had to put 70lbs in the tire for the thing to go off, I backed it down to normal maybe I should switch to Nitrogen and not worry about the temps going from 70 to 25 in a couple days span

·
Registered
125 Posts
80 psi is max. Recommended is 46 psi (cold) on my '11 RW. If I remember correctly, there was some issue with some of the tpms systems and the recommended pressure went from 40 to 46.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts