Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you recently bought a 2010 rock warrior more than likely it didn't com with the sport pedals I noticed this to so I called the dealership and they said they were removed because of the recall and not placed back on they said they could either send me the pedals or an $80 dollar check to make up for the missing pedals so I opted for the money check into this!

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
If you recently bought a 2010 rock warrior more than likely it didn't com with the sport pedals I noticed this to so I called the dealership and they said they were removed because of the recall and not placed back on they said they could either send me the pedals or an $80 dollar check to make up for the missing pedals so I opted for the money check into this!
I've had my "sport pedals" since 2007. If you opt for the money, then good for you because they can be purchased on fleebay for $60 or less.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hmmm, any chance you spoke with someone directly at Toyota about this? I have no desire for the pedals, but I would take $80 in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I believe that they should have told you up front about the pedals being removed. If you did not notice that is a free $80 for them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting. I just picked up my RW on Friday and the pedals are not included. They are not listed on the sticker either. I called my dealership about it yesterday and we both looked up on the Toyota websites and they show conflicting information. If you look on the Tundra website under special packages it shows the RW with the pedals included. If you go to the main site and "build your own" when the RW is selected, the pedals are not part of the package. I'm sure this is recall related and they removed the pedals due to precautionary measures. However, as the pedals were not listed on the sticker, no pedals and no $80 for me.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
hahaha more recall drama. at least they didnt try to just grind them down haha. this pedal thing has gotten old....but ya'll got cash! haha

·
Registered
28 Posts
hahaha more recall drama. at least they didnt try to just grind them down haha. this pedal thing has gotten old....but ya'll got cash! haha
No drama for me, I wasn't too worried about the pedals, I just thought I would ask as there was conflicting information. I'm just fine without them.

·
Registered
916 Posts
My dealer didn't know about it, but he said he would check with someone and get back to me. If I hear anything, I'll let y'alls know.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dealer told me the same thing. He is going to check with Toyota tomorrow and get back to me. I'll let you guys know if I get the sport covers or $$ offered to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the official lowdown from my dealership today complete with a breakdown of the RW package cost. Long story short the sport pedals were removed as part of the recall. My MSRP on the RW package was subtracted by the cost of the pedals and the sport pedal covers have official been removed from the RW package. The Toyota site still shows it but they are covered by the content is subject to change disclosure in the terms of the website. So no pedals for me.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
WOW, I must be lucky. When I picked mine up in December it had the pedals and when I had the recall performed in early February they left them on.

Maybe my dealership is numb, or even better behind in the times.

·
Registered
33 Posts
WOW, I must be lucky. When I picked mine up in December it had the pedals and when I had the recall performed in early February they left them on.

Maybe my dealership is numb, or even better behind in the times.
Yea my dealership was in the dark on this situation until I brought it up in an attempt to get my pedals. They dug deep into it and got smart on it with emails to Toyota HQ. I imagine most dealerships don't even know about the small change due to the recall.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Yeah, recall sucks.

My father-in-law had his done last friday and they told him to expect another recall. This time they are gonna reflash the ecm so the brake overrides the gas. BS.

I guess that I am done going back to the dealer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts