Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 239 Posts

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, a distributor recently contacted me about retailing out the just released Auburn cone style LSD. Retail for the 10.5" is reportedly $799 and the 9.5" is a fair bit less.

So please reply here AND e-mail me if you want one. I'll get things ordered and you'll be able to purchase these through my webpage.

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
Whaaaaaa???? No way!!! Any pics of it? PM sent!!!

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts

·
Banned
444 Posts
Uh- ohhh!!!

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
60 foots are 'bout to get rediculous... :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Subscribing!
Headers, LSD, Headers, LSD,.......................

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
Brian - any word if Auburn Gear will come out with a locker?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just a dumb question maybe, but how would installing a real LSD affect the ALSD? (in my head Scenario) it shouldn't make a huge difference because the computer won't see the wheel spin that is being controlled by the LSD? Or if it does it, it adds some brake to the slipping side to only enhance the newly added LSD? Thanks,

·
Registered
650 Posts
the ALSD isn't even on if you don't hit the button. with a real LSD you won't really need it much

·
Registered
471 Posts
Knew about it 6 weeks ago, but have been waiting for it to appear on the shelves. This is definitely good news. It's now on the Auburn website.

Hmmm... anything for the front diff?!?!?

·
Preferred Dealer
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We have the lockers covered with ARB, front and rear. I would imagine if both the ARB and Auburn diffs sell enough, others will take notice and bring us other options.

I'll see how fast we can get this going...

·
Back from the dead!
1,778 Posts
^So what type of differential is that? Rut said it was a clutch pack... up on that site, is it catergorized as a NoSpin??

·
Premium Member
1,142 Posts
This is one of those "double edged swords".

Anytime you have a clutch type device, in this case cones, it will eventually 'wear out' and have to be replaced. Fortunately, Auburn has a great warranty. They will actually buy back your unit and discount the price of the new one, for up to four years. This may not sound very good, but go check out the warranty on other LSDs.

If you google the Auburn units, you will find (like everything else)....good and bad. But if you start reading around other forums (truck, car, whatever), you will find that most are very happy with the Auburn, and AS LONG AS THEY USED THE PROPER FLUID & MODIFIER, had great results for many many years. You will also note that there are a LOT of people who have broken TruTracs. I couldn't believe just how many instances I found!

Auburn got a really bad rep with the original Auburn diff. It was under sized and under engineered. They released an Auburn "PRO" Series that was a much better unit. Most everything they build these days seems to be built off the "pro" platform.

1 - 20 of 239 Posts