Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed this past winter and start of spring that my 8 year old Auburn LSD which has always been a wonderful unit seems to paint a single stripe and also offer noticeably less grip. I've only put about 20K on the truck in this time(I know I don't drive far or often with my 07 Tundra). Any ideas as to why it would start acting like an open differential after this amount of time.

I had a jiffy lube change the fluids on it early on(I believe after a break in period). They must have done a poor job despite acknowledging it's an LSD and requires a specific fluid change since it would bind turning tight slower speed turns after it would warm up. I changed it myself with the suggested brand and viscosity which fixed the problem and worked like a charm for many years.

Any input would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I changed fluids to the exact levels I had previously found success and unfortunately still own a one wheel peel machine. I guess It'll be a grand to replace the entire unit at this point. Still have "auto LSD" but I'm spoiled and have to get the real thing. I'll post when It's back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts