Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the non- JBL audio system with the 6 disk in dash cd player for the 2007 Tundra. I want to know if the system has preouts for a subwoofer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am pretty sure the first cars made by the Toyota that will have preamp outputs will be the new Scion xB and xD. I am 99% sure the tundra does not have them.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Correct, just got back from the xB launch and only the Pioneer Premier Stereo has preamp outs. In fact it has more than one set.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The rep did say that you could probably order the Pioneer Premium Stereo from Scion through parts and that you could probably find a bracket to mount it The connectors looked similar so it may not be hard to just swap them out. Maybe a parts or service rep could confirm at your dealership.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the non- JBL audio system with the 6 disk in dash cd player for the 2007 Tundra. I want to know if the system has preouts for a subwoofer. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Don't think so. But it is a better head unit than previous models, a little anyway. I know the speakers in my '04 blew after 2 months and looked like something you could buy at Fry's for $3.00. My installer claimed I can use my Alpine 5 channel amp (with sub controller) with the OEM head unit and upgrade the 6 speakers and add a 10" sub for far less than the JBL system would have cost. It will require a OHM conversion and by pass the stock amp.
The Alpine system w/6 speakers and a 8" sub in console sounded unreal compared to the OEM.

I still have my Alpine head unit w/xm but want to keep the OEM look. I don't know of any adapter kits available any way at this time. With the amp and better speakers/crossover should sound much better than the JBL, which has no fader for the sub and to me didnt sound any clearer/cleaner only louder. Might want to check out this option.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Dou you have part numbers for the Alpine setup? Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts