Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a new head unit on Tundra, the wiring harness has a long green cable that the manufacture wants installed on the parking brake so the only way the unit will show video is if the parking brake is engaged. We tested it, we grounded the wire and it showed the video and audio. So we grounded it but once the unit was turned off and back on it would only show the disclaimer and play the audio.
What is the work around? I was thinking just a toggle switch that is connected to a ground?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Depending on which type of head unit you have, so like to see the parking break(ground)pulled up to 3 times. My new kewood dnx6140 in my work truck oly cares that it sees a ground signal.

In no way am I saying it is ok to drive while viewing video! Dont say I didnt warn you

·
Registered
819 Posts
I bought a bypass relay from ebay for about $15 for my pioneer 4100dvd. I will be installing tomorrow when I get off work! Let you know how it works then, plus pics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The fix is too easy (and cheap). Simply connect the green (parking brake) wire to your radio's ground wire with a toggle switch in-between. I personnaly went with a push button on my Clarion DVD head unit. It works great for about $2. I actually hid the toggle switch so it doesn't look like a hemorrhoid! Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts