Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is also in the Audio/Video section, but i was wanting to get it seen by more people so I moved it to this section.

I have a 2006 Double Cab. More or less i have a sealed box with .8 cu ft of airspace, and the box fits perfect between my back cupholder and the rear seat. I want to attach "arms" from the box to the center console so that it doesn't move, but the main question is, what 12" sub should i purchase? The mounting depth is 5.5" and the amp is a crunch powerzone 1400 watt 2 channel amp(not the best amp I know, but I already had it lieing around). I was thinking about a shallow mount memphis sub, but i am open to all suggestions. I listen to mainly rap by the way. Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
look on crutchfield for options and reviews of subs. They are very knowledgeable, but they are a bit pricey so when you go to buy one look elsewhere. I have found that sonicelectronix has some pretty fair prices.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, did you buy that box from ebay?
there is a seller that sell's them, specific for behind the rear console, right where you said.
i was able to put a 10W6-2 JL AUDIO & a jl audio slash amp 500/1
i never heard of them selling, (it might be new type) a 12".
.08 is small, for air space.
what will happen is to much power producing lots of air, will blow the box apart.
there is someone here that has posted pictures of a 12/W7 when he removed the cup holder.
good luck,
gorilla

1 - 5 of 5 Posts