Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have a 2008 Tundra Double Cab. I'm looking for input on putting together an audio system for $1500 or less. It's tough to find subs to fit a Tundra, could anyone recommend a system that will sound great with metal/hard rock to improve on my stock system?
Cheers
P.S. If you could include brands for deck, speakers, amp, subs that would be great
Paul

·
Registered
106 Posts
Its kinda hard to say, this is where i got my box for mine Toyota Tundra Subwoofer Boxes - Subwoofer Box | Subwoofer Enclosures | Car Subwoofer Boxes and Truck Subwoofer Boxes at SuperCrewSound, for subs you will have to get shallow mount subs like kickers, i used 2 10inch kicker comps with 300.1zx amp which is cheap but sounds clean so far the best system ive put for the price and for rock its awesome! Are you going to be powering the speakers with a aftermarket amp as well? Do you want nav? IMO an aftermarket deck usually brings out the clearity on stock speakers but the problem is they will blow if they are crap but so far my have been holding up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good link I have a old 12 w6 that I already had in a thin box but it is about a 1 or 2 inch to tall. I have to much going on and would rather buy a box for a single 12. I don't see one on that site you posted. It is really tight under the seat I don't want the box touching the voice coil.Any way good link.

·
Registered
106 Posts
No problem any more questions i'll see if i can help. Good luck!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Here's what I have in progress in my '07.

Alpine w407 w/ Nav indash, similar decks without Nav put you under your budget
NOS Diamond D6 Components up front
Kenwood KAC-X4R to run the D6's active
Stereo Integrety BM MK3 12" sub (needs ~3.5" depth)
Unsure on the sub amp

If shopped around with a cheaper HU, this all can be done for ~1300 or less. You don't need to spend $500 on a set of components. Follow www.diyma.com I'm looking at doing a piece together setup in my gf's Camry to see what can be done for cheap.

·
...Raptor Slayer...
2,233 Posts
I went with Pioneer AVH 4200 $499 which kicks alpine A$$ and they have JVC arsenal830 for $599 which kicks Pioneers A$$ and you can actually add stuff like nav BT if you want later...i also went with kicker CVT 12inch sub and a kicker box for about $300 and kicker mono 500 watt amp and then install puts you right around that budget , i went with focals for all speakers and amp for speakers so that would throw you over the budget

1 - 8 of 8 Posts