Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Just had a question in mind, I got a CM and its great :D. any way just wanted to know after starting the engine and pressing the Auto button for the AC would have any problems? because is uses full speed fan at first and the engine is still cold.

I read the manual I couldn't find anything about it or maybe i was reading to fast:cool:
thanks guys.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't have an Auto A/C on my Tundra. My wife's '04 4Runner has it and yes, when in auto mode the A/C (fan) will start in high speed then eventually slows down (or not) depending on the setting.

·
Registered
155 Posts
thanks for replying but dose it affect the AC in general?
Not that I know of. We lived in Hawaii and then Guam before settling here in Washington (2008). The 4 years we had the 4Runner in the Pacific, the A/C was on and in Auto the whole time. Our 4Runner is trouble free and hope our Tundra will too.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so guys, keeping the AC on after switching off the car wont have any affect on it?
I mean when ill start the car the AC will turn on immediately, is that okay?

thanks guys ur a desert of info :D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
so guys, keeping the AC on after switching off the car wont have any affect on it?
I mean when ill start the car the AC will turn on immediately, is that okay?

thanks guys ur a desert of info :D
im not sure what your thinking, but the ac pump runs off the motors crank. so besides adding a little more draw on the battery, starter motor, and alternator. no the truck wont care or do anything besides drain your electrical system with the motor not running. (even then i doubt you will see any difference.)

·
Registered
106 Posts
The only negative effect of leaving the ac on is condensation build up on the hepa filter. That causes a musty smell when you start it back up. I have found that if you turn the ac off and leave the fan on for a few mins its not nearly as nasty smelling.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im not sure what your thinking, but the ac pump runs off the motors crank. so besides adding a little more draw on the battery, starter motor, and alternator. no the truck wont care or do anything besides drain your electrical system with the motor not running. (even then i doubt you will see any difference.)
thanks m8 for ur point.

ill try to make it simple, (quick question :D)

At the morning, the engine is cold, you start the engine and the fan(AC) will start running as the engine starts.
dose this have any negative effects? (thats the point im trying to know :p)

ill try to make it simple

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only negative effect of leaving the ac on is condensation build up on the hepa filter. That causes a musty smell when you start it back up. I have found that if you turn the ac off and leave the fan on for a few mins its not nearly as nasty smelling.
thanks, thats thats good to know :)
i was meaning the whole thing (fand and AC) not just the AC button.

sorry for my bad english X_X

·
Registered
106 Posts
I believe all of the ac components are controlled by the ecu. If it would harm something the ecu would not allow the compressor to engage.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
well adding a load to the motor before oil gets moving is just added wear on your internals, along with the electrical draw, extra serpentine belt wear, and musky smell..... i still say no, you wont see much; if any difference! the ac pressure side would have a little more strain as well, but it is designed to deal with max pressure anyway. it will have effects, but not even enough to worry about. so dont fret my friend!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts