Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new Auto Dimming Mirror w/Homelink from wembleysells on eBay. It looks great and I'm trying to get it plugged in. From what I understand, you unscrew the console and unplug the light. From there, I see two different (unused) plugs. Neither one of these plug into the back of my new mirror. Out of the mirror I have a new harness but can't figure out where to tap into the plug for power. PLEASE HELP!!!! Any instructions, graphics, or diagrams would be great. This is on my new 2007 Black Toyota Tundra SR5 DC

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just bought a new Auto Dimming Mirror w/Homelink from wembleysells on eBay. It looks great and I'm trying to get it plugged in. From what I understand, you unscrew the console and unplug the light. From there, I see two different (unused) plugs. Neither one of these plug into the back of my new mirror. Out of the mirror I have a new harness but can't figure out where to tap into the plug for power. PLEASE HELP!!!! Any instructions, graphics, or diagrams would be great. This is on my new 2007 Black Toyota Tundra SR5 DC
I believe I used the black plug that was kind of coiled up twoards the window. It fit perfectly with my mirror...
Plugged right in.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Do us a favor and take a few pics of your install!

·
Registered
91 Posts
That home link will that work with a Craftsman door opener

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bgil: I looked at the black plug but it won't fit into the mirror. I have the taps to go into the wire but don't know what is what. There are two different plugs up there, a white one and black one. Any ideas?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Is it really necessary to remove the overhead console in order to install the autodimming mirror? I thought the little plug socket for the mirror was on the front edge of the ceiling, where it meets the windshield *(just above the stock mirror). CAn you not just plug in the new mirror there?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Is it really necessary to remove the overhead console in order to install the autodimming mirror? I thought the little plug socket for the mirror was on the front edge of the ceiling, where it meets the windshield *(just above the stock mirror). CAn you not just plug in the new mirror there?
no, the wire runs through the little spot.. the clip is inside the headliner. hence you must remove.

·
Registered
416 Posts
That home link will that work with a Craftsman door opener
Couldn't say for all of them, but it worked fine with my (older) one. The newer stuff with "rolling codes" and all that are supposed to work too, but there is a bit more complex programming procedure, which is documented in the owner's manual.

Nice and powerful too! :tu:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a mirror from wembleysells, too. It's a great mirror and all I had to do was ask the guy who is selling the mirrors what to do. He was really helpful and I had no problems at all installing it in my truck. Your best bet is to do that. Great mirror and really well priced. He has a store, just google wembleysells or go through ebay. Its worth it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Install Instructions here

Although you probably should support the Forum by buying from Sparks instead of eBay. :(

Unless you got it way under their price. :eek:
Wembleysells is under price and much more personal than Sparks. He's a great seller.

Sparks is great, don't get me wrong.. but I couldn't pass up the opportunity once I heard about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts