Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed the auto dimming mirror I purchased from Sparks Toyota-Scion and TRD. Install was a breeze and only took 15 minutes. My question is how long does it take for the calibration to be complete for the compass?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yesterday I installed the auto dimming mirror I purchased from Sparks Toyota-Scion and TRD. Install was a breeze and only took 15 minutes. My question is how long does it take for the calibration to be complete for the compass?
Mine calibrated in 3 turns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
:tu:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
What is involved in the installation of the mirror? Is it self-contained, or is it wired into the truck?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Mine calibrated in 3 turns,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
:tu:

Mine calibrated in a few turns as well. Nice upgrade and very easy to do!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Cool. I want that option, but I think I'll be adding it on my own too. Had it in a Subie Forester, and loved it. Glad to hear that it is an easy install.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cool. I want that option, but I think I'll be adding it on my own too. Had it in a Subie Forester, and loved it. Glad to hear that it is an easy install.
There was quite a few messages on the installation of this mirror about a month ago. If you do a search you will probably find it. Like a lot of guys, I bought mine from sparks toyota and I think it costs around $190...

Feel free to ask any questions.

·
Registered
621 Posts
My truck had that mirror already on it. It is a nice mirror.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Sparks Toyota in Myrtle Beach SC? Wondering as you are in Cheyenne?

I bought an 05 4Runner and an 05 Tundra if the same dealer.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I bought mine from trdsparks.com and installation instructions came with it. Took about 30 minutes to install. The truck comes pre-wired. I hope you don't have the back-up cammera installed, it needs that area for installation. To calibrate is easy. after 3 turns I removed the sticker off the front and it was rady to go. I wish my Homelink would cal that quick. Good luck!!!:tu:

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought mine from trdsparks.com and installation instructions came with it. Took about 30 minutes to install. The truck comes pre-wired. I hope you don't have the back-up cammera installed, it needs that area for installation. To calibrate is easy. after 3 turns I removed the sticker off the front and it was rady to go. I wish my Homelink would cal that quick. Good luck!!!:tu:
How did you get at the wires. Mine came with no instructions from TRD.

·
Registered
93 Posts
How did you get at the wires. Mine came with no instructions from TRD.
you loosen the 4 torx screws in the overhead console and gently slide it back ..it will kind of hang there on these clips. The wires are tucked up twoards the windshield. Use the one with the black connector. Pull it out, plug it into the mirror and reattach the console. Thats about it.

Mine did not come with instructions either. I think the hardest part for me was lining up the screws when I put the overhead back on. I could have used another set of hands.

Good luck.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Where did you order it from. I know the mirror you got is a different part number. I can't find someone who sells the one that works with the backup camera.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Not true. My truck has both.
I'm gonna guess that he means it would be hard to install the Auto Dimming mirror if you have the small backup camera in the overhead console since you have to remove the console to get to the wire for the mirror.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm gonna guess that he means it would be hard to install the Auto Dimming mirror if you have the small backup camera in the overhead console since you have to remove the console to get to the wire for the mirror.
Not sure. All i know is my truck came with both.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The overhead review monitor is actually easier to pop out than the original sunglasses case holder. It pops right out and out of the way with one connector. Then the mirror install continues as normal. We added both the monitor and the mirror at the same time as my truck had neither when new.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts