Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to introduce myself and start with a how to:

Have seen many posts on how to make all the windows auto up and down. Here's how I did it:

Shopping List:

5 Autoloc WC1000 ($172.35…new…shipped…amazon.com)
4 Pac Audio TR-7 ($82.26…new…shipped…ebay.com)
5 30A Relays ($35…new…bought locally)
Wires/Connectors/3M tape/grommets (already had most of the items needed…if not figure another $50 to $100)
Total Spend: $289.61

Schematics:

Windows:

AutowindowSchematic.jpg

Sunroof:

sunroof.jpg
Components:

Autoloc WC1000: Module that adds auto up/down to every window through the stock switches. Also has to inputs (one up, one down) to activate the auto up or down when the respected input sees a “ground”. All were wired per instructions included with the units. All WC1000’s were mounted as close to the motor for each window as I could get them.
Pac Audio TR-7: Programmable module used to activate relays.

Windows: Program #14 was used to count the number of locks/unlocks seen prior to activating relays (I used 2X within 4 seconds in my program since 1 lock/unlock does all the doors…3X, 4X, 5X would also work). I used one of these units to “ground” all the WC1000’s “Up” signal (“Up” TR-7) and one to “ground” the “Down” signal (“Down” TR-7). I mounted these TR7’s in the drivers side front door sill.​

DSC04324.jpg

Sunroof: Program #15 was used to power the sunroof when one lock signal (from door or FOB) is sensed and latch it on for a programmable time. The sunroof takes ~8 seconds to open and close so I programmed the TR-7 to remain latched for 15 seconds. The last TR-7 was also programmed the same (program #15) but used to sense one unlock signal (from door or FOB). I mounted these TR7’s in the drivers side rear door sill.

Relays:

Windows:

One relay was used for all of the WC1000’s Down Input to be grounded when the “Down” TR-7 sees 2X unlock from the switch on drivers door or FOB. This relay was mounted in the drivers side front door sill.

One relay was used for all of the WC1000’s Up Input to be grounded when the “Up” TR-7 sees 2X lock from the switch on drivers door or FOB. This relay was mounted in the drivers side front door sill.

Sunroof:

One relay was used to latch on power to the sunroof when 1X lock or unlock (two TR-7s activate the same relay) was sensed from switch on drivers door or FOB. This will apply power to sunroof prior to the second button push that activates all windows. This relay was mounted in the drivers side rear door sill.

One relay closes the “close” circuit for the sunroof when the “Up” TR-7’s output is activated (2X Lock). This relay was mounted above the headliner to the right of the upper console area.

One relay closes the “open” circuit for the sunroof when the “Down” TR-7’s output is activated (2X Unlock). This relay was mounted above the headliner to the left of the upper console area.​

Power:

Ran direct power to battery with in-line 30A fuse. Used the existing grommet just above passenger sidekick panel to pass through firewall. Supply wire size 14 gauge.​

Windows:

Passenger front: removed interior door panel and speaker. Measured for clear location of the WC1000 (needs a flat place on door that doesn’t interfere with door panel). Adhered the WC1000 to the door with 3M Emblem Tape.

Fished 3 wires (+12V, Up Signal, and Down Signal) from passenger compartment through the rubber flex boots (had to remove door sill and kick panel cover). Once the wires were inside the door, I used the boot above the speaker to pass the wires through the skin of the door. Connected the power and the up and down signal wires.

Installed the rest of the wires per the WC1000 instructions. (I used a bolt in every door as the ground…making sure that all paint was removed prior to tightening the terminal down).

Test each window by tapping the up signal wire to a ground. Window should roll up. Do the same with the down signal. I also tested each door at the local switch and the driver’s door for auto up/down functionality as well.

Passenger rear: Same as above, but fishing the wires from the passenger compartment to the door was different. These doors have connectors on the truck side of the flexible boot. There are only 2 pins unoccupied on the Crewmax Limited and we need three (so using factory pins was not an option for me).

I chose to cut away the male side of the plug’s top and bottom. Notching the plug allowed it to retain its closing capability, but now also allowed two passages for wires to be pulled through it (the female already has factory holes in it). I fished 2 wires through the top hole and 1 wire through the bottom.

Once the wires were fished from the passenger compartment to the door, I drilled a hole in the door below the speaker. This hole allowed the newly fished wires from inside the door cavity, to pass through a grommet and out to where I mounted the WC1000. Wired all per the instructions and tested prior to reassembly.

Rear window:
The motor for this window is on the passenger side near the jack/lug wrench storage. I removed the plastic skin in front of the motor by pulling out the plastic knob and all of the other friction tabs. Mounted the WC1000 with 3M tape, and wired per the instructions. Tested prior to reassembly.

Driver rear: Same as passenger side.

Driver front: Same as passenger side but requires 5 wires to be fished through the door (+12v, Up Signal, Down Signal, Lock Signal, and Unlock Signal). Once the wires were fished from the passenger compartment to the door, I drilled a hole in the door below the speaker. This hole allowed the newly fished wires from inside the door cavity, to pass through a grommet and out to where I mounted the WC1000.

DSC04314.jpg

The Lock Signal wire splices directly into the line that sees 12V when any lock button is pressed (FOB too). The Unlock signal wire needs a 33k Ohm resistor added in series to the signal wire (see schematic and “Wiring” section).

I mounted the WC1000, wired per the instructions, and tested all functions. I left this panel off for the rest of the install to leave access to the signal wires while installing the rest of the system.​

DSC04328.jpg

Wiring

Windows: I “daisy chained” all three wires (12V, Up, and Down) with a connection at every entry point to the passenger compartment (all four doors). I would have rather made the connection at the WC1000 itself, but that would drive twice as many wires going through the flexible boots that join the doors and the cab.

Unlock Signal (blue wire of drivers door lock actuator): Gets 12V anytime a unlock button is pressed either on the driver door or the FOB. Two (programmable) of these signal inputs within 4 seconds turn on the “Down” TR-7 which momentarily closes the relay that connects all the WC1000’s down signal wires to a “ground”. All the windows travel all the way down with just this momentary “grounding”.

Lock Signal (white wire of drivers door lock actuator): Gets 12V anytime a lock button is pressed either on the driver door or the FOB**. Two (programmable) of these signal inputs within 4 seconds turn on the “Up” TR-7 which momentarily closes the relay that connects all the WC1000’s up signal wires to a “ground”. All the windows travel all the way up with just this momentary “grounding”.

**For some reason my truck also had voltage (0.4v or so) sent through this wire on the unlock command. I added a 33k ohm resistor since that 0.4 voltage kept triggering both the down and up TR-7’s (see pic below). Without this resistor the lock command would not make the windows would roll up since the “down” TR-7 was active at the same time as the “up”.

DSC04337.jpg

Sunroof Power:​
With the ignition off, there is no power to the sunroof. One TR-7 was connected to the “Lock” Signal (white wire of drivers door lock actuator) to power the Sunroof when it senses one Lock Signal from either pressing the FOB lock or the switch on the drivers door 1X. Program #15 was used to sense one signal and then latch on for a programmed time (15sec). I chose twice as long as it takes to open/close the sunroof.

A second TR-7 was programmed with the same features but was used to sense the “Unlock” signal

Both the TR-7’s that feed the power to the sunroof do so through the same relay (so lock or unlock 1X powers the sunroof up for 15 seconds). Both TR-7’s outputs close the relay connecting 12V power to the sunroof wire in the “A” pillar.

The power feeding the sunroof can be accessed at the drivers side “A” pillar (see pic below). The blue wire only provides 12V with ignition on. I spliced the blue wire so that the relay that the TR-7’s turn on powers up the sunroof with the ignition off (second pic below).

DSC04329.jpg

DSC04334.jpg

Sunroof Open/Close: The panel that contains the sunroof switch can be accessed by removing the four torx screws holding the upper console in place.

The connector on the back of the switch shows 5 wires. The black is the ground. When the white and the black connect, the sunroof opens (Note: I used a blue wire to extend the white wire to the relay). When the gray and the black connect, the sunroof closes (Note: I used a white wire to extend the gray wire to the relay).​

DSC04338.jpg

Ready for reassembly:​

DSC04342.jpg

I used a relay to connect the white and black upon getting a signal from the “Down” TR-7 blue wire output. I used a second relay to connect the gray and black upon getting a signal from the “Up” TR-7 blue wire output. I mounted these relays near the overhead console.​

“Close” relay:

DSC04345.jpg

“Open” relay:

DSC04348.jpg

Summary:
Logically:

Lock 1X :

Sunroof “Lock” TR7 Powers Sunroof supply relay for 15 seconds​

Lock 2X:

Window “Up” TR7 Closes Relay with all WC1000’s close wire connecting them to “ground”
Window “Up” TR7 Closes Relay connecting sunroof gray to black wire​

Unlock 1X :

Sunroof “Unlock” TR7 Powers Sunroof supply relay for 15 seconds​

Unlock 2X:

Window “Down” TR7 Closes Relay with all WC1000’s open wire connecting them to “ground”
Window “Down” TR7 Closes Relay connecting sunroof white to black wire​

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/allclose.MPG

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/allopen.MPG

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics/MOV04299.MPG

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics/MOV04303.MPG

Oh yeah and pics of my new to me '08 CrewMax

DSC04278.jpg

DSC04271.jpg

DSC04275.jpg

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Holy giant photos Batman!

Welcome to the forum - that writeup is a great way to introduce yourself. Where did you order the AutoLocs from?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry bout the pics...thought the forum would shrink em to window size.

amazon.com was the best price I could find. Shipped quick too.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
someones gonna get a moderator to yell at em for the pic sizes hahahaa

·
Mark it eight, Dude...
4,373 Posts
Great way to start out on a forum! And yes those are some HUUUUUUGE pictures!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
at least they are high res lol. nice write up. will fed ex my truck and you can get this done for me. welcome

·
Registered
471 Posts
Nice write up. I had no idea one of these was available.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That is awesome and looks cool, but not very practical. I'm I missing something? I think I just don't understand. I thought it was something, then I watched the video:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Leave the truck with all the windows down and hit lock twice as you walk away to lock it and roll up all 5 windows of the crewmax is why I did it.

Walking up to it on a hot day...unlock twice and all windows come down. Handy way to vent the truck prior to getting in.

Bluetooth calls come in on the insterstate with any window down...lock lock on the driver door switch and all the windows come up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So if i get what your saying that just one ulock or lock and nothing will happen but if you push it twice they will?
Dont you need to hit unlock twice as is to unlock all doors? Will that be an issue in cold weather/snow/rain? unlock the car for everyone to get in and all the windows go down?
If not then let me know this would be something I would be interested in doing if it worked.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So if i get what your saying that just one ulock or lock and nothing will happen but if you push it twice they will?
Yes. That is correct.

Dont you need to hit unlock twice as is to unlock all doors?
No. On my limited crewmax I have the ability to set the options to unlock all doors with 1 press of the unlock from the FOB.

Will that be an issue in cold weather/snow/rain? unlock the car for everyone to get in and all the windows go down?
If not then let me know this would be something I would be interested in doing if it worked.
The TR-7 can also be programmed for 3x, 4x, 5x, presses etc (its user defined).

·
Registered
500 Posts
Huge Tundra = Huge Pictures. :laughing3d:

Welcome and great mod!!! :tu::tu: Points sent...

·
Registered
20 Posts
cool that is what I wanted to know. I think i will have to give this mod a try. Any chance you took some pics of the set up with the door pannels off and how you rigged it up?
How much did you spend on the parts?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Awesome write up, but I lost you at "Everyone knows that the Autoloc WC1000 can make all the windows auto up/down.", lol!! Seriously, it looks like a great project to work on. Do you know if it is possible to do this on an SR5? Does the TR-7 operate in the same fashion on both the Limited and SR5 Tundras?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Awesome....I think. You went right over my head on most of it but it sounds like a neat idea.
You dont have one of those plastic pocket pencil holders in your shirt pocket, do ya? j/k
:D :D

·
Rut Ro!
4,269 Posts
That is an awesome mod, and has been the discussion on this forum and others in the past. Great write up!

On the rollin' the windows down to let the heat out....I'ma just cool the heat as I will hit "autostart" and have me some cool air waiting on me when I get in. :D But I would do this based on the "coolness" and "wow" factor, but that is just me! :D Rep points sent!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cool that is what I wanted to know. I think i will have to give this mod a try. Any chance you took some pics of the set up with the door pannels off and how you rigged it up?
I have them to put in my next post.

How much did you spend on the parts?
The 6 autolocs were 206.82 shipped...amazon.com...new
The 2 Pac Audios were 41.13 shipped...ebay...new
The wire I had already.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Per the requests...added pics of just the driver door....hate doing links but these pics are big

Door minus skin:

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/DSC04308.JPG

Door lock actuator:

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/DSC04308.JPG

Wiring of the Autoloc WC1000 (I know soldering would have been better...but I need a few more lessons prior to botching up my truck):

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/DSC04314.JPG

Interfacing with the door lock actuator:

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/DSC04321.JPG

Where I put the Pac Audio TR-7s and relays

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/DSC04323.JPG

Ready for re-assembly:

http://home.comcast.net/~niedejb/pics2/DSC04328.JPG

1 - 20 of 37 Posts