Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all, what do you guys think about me using the auto zone replacement kit for my '02 tundra's 4.7?

If anyone has done this, I'd appreciate any feedback or warnings.

Thanks,
-dave

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
Personally, I think it would be foolish. You can get the kits on ebay pretty darn cheap that have OEM parts. It's just too involved of a job to use generic parts.

Just my opinion.... add a nickle and you still won't have anything.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
you get what you pay for..... check with sparks toyota on this board i think they give you a 25% discount if your a member here...i got all my parts from them

water pump, t-stat, belt, tensioners pulleys, seals, everything was about $300 bucks i think..

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I agree, I would not use part store parts on a job like this. As much work as it is you want to make sure you have top quality parts. In the long run the oem parts will come out to be cheaper.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I don't recommend All Import personally. Me and my dad used em for years and noticed a consistent downhill slide. Prices went up, service went down, especially on weekends, these guys need help answering phones and taking care of customers...you might wait in line for 30 minutes to check out...

edit: whom I kiddin? prices went up on everything, everywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts