Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello: My name is Stuart and I just purchased a 2004 Tundra Access Cab. Suddenly the automatic door locks are locking without the push button command to Lock. When I unlock the truck with the key fob and do not get into it, the cargo light goes out in the normal interval and about 30 to 45 seconds later the truck doors lock themselves while I am standing there next to it. Any ideas what the problem might be. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
It is supposed to do that. If you unlock your truck and then do not open any doors in so many seconds it locks your truck by default.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Yes, this is pretty common on a lot of vehicle but the Tundra is a little quick on the draw IMHO. Something to get used to....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Bluethundra and skinny2 for your assiatance and saving me a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've noticed that it is pretty quick to do so also, and I'm sure someone on here has to have a fix for it?!?

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts
It is supposed to do that. If you unlock your truck and then do not open any doors in so many seconds it locks your truck by default.
It is two minutes on my truck. My wife's Honda does the same thing. I think it is pretty common these days.

·
Premium Member
13,116 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
The passive or automatic arming of Tundras are normally factory set to 'off'. There is a chance that your Tundra was set to automatically arm itself after 15 seconds by the previous owner.
No problem if this annoys you, disarm the system by:
1) Insert the key into the ignition switch and turn it to "ON" (not "ACC")
2) Using 1 Remote Control, press and hold both buttons at the same time for over 2 seconds until the STATUS MONITOR's LED turns on.
3) Then perform the next steps within 30 seconds.
4) Press and release the top Remote Control Button (TWICE) - The PIEZO "chriper" chirps twice and the exterior lights flash twice.
5) Turn the ignition switch to the "LOCK" position. - The PIEZO "chirper" chirps three times and the exterior lights flash 3 times.

Now you should be able to lock your vehicle whenever you want to.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Now you should be able to lock your vehicle whenever you want to.
Does this allow locking the vehicle while it's running? That would make me a happy man, I'd like to be able to lock it while warming up the Tundra

1 - 10 of 10 Posts