Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I will hopefully be getting a 2010 Tundra DC longbed pretty soon. We hate the stock tires, and my wife has already told me that my first mod will be new tires. Does anyone know if dealers can "upgrade" you to a different tire for a reasonable price?

I wouldn't mind the Rock Warrior rims and tires.... but you can't get that option with a longbed for some reason:confused:

·
Registered
397 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Dealers usually charge premium on any of their upgrades so you would probably make out better picking your own and selling your stockers

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dealers usually charge premium on any of their upgrades so you would probably make out better picking your own and selling your stockers

Very true, but he said he liked the ones from the trd rock warrior ones. Sparks is probably cheaper than any other dealer.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It just seems like such a waste to have brand new tires come with the truck and immediately throw them away and spend $800 on new tires. I was hoping there might be some other option... doesn't look like it thoguh

·
Registered
152 Posts
Yea, you probably would get charged higher price trying to swap going thru dealer. You might be able to find a tire dealer who would give you cost for the stockers (before driving on them) and then pay difference for a tire you want. Might have to pay dealer for dismounting and remounting tires. If the tire shop sells the stock brand you might have a better chance. Worth a try.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Very true, but he said he liked the ones from the trd rock warrior ones. Sparks is probably cheaper than any other dealer.
While sparks is a dealer, they are not his dealer which is the way i took it. Buying from sparks would most likely be way cheaper than his dealer. He could compare the two quotes and see.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Or you could pre order tire's and head straight to the tire shop after delivery,have your new tire's installed and make sure you keep the stocker's don't let the tire shop keep them and dont throw them out. Put an ad up on craigs list or in your local new's paper and they will sell

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Well I don't know which wheels and tires you are getting stuck with on the new long bed. I have the DC with the TRD offroad package and have the 18" with the long trail BFG's on it. I dealt with a place in Houston where you can get new take offs with hardly any miles (like maybe 20miles or so on them). Right now he has a set like mine on ebay for 750. My daughter's scion Tc tires went to crap and she had the road rash on all of the wheels, (u know how college kids are) the tires were going to be 198 a piece= 800 , so i called him and drove to Houston, bout 3.5 hours and got a new set of the same oem tires and new wheels for 700 and came home and replaced them all. You can find some of those stores that are selling take offs from they get from dealerships and good prices, still have th rubber poking out of the tread... Just an option for you...........
Steve

·
Just Call Me Hank
1,415 Posts
It just seems like such a waste to have brand new tires come with the truck and immediately throw them away and spend $800 on new tires. I was hoping there might be some other option... doesn't look like it thoguh

$800!! Now that would have been a bargain! I was $1200 poorer when I left with the Michelins.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was just guessing at about $200 a tire. I can't get the BF Goodrich All Terrains in 18's, so I don't know what tire I want yet...

I notice that you can get 255/70R18 tires or 275/65R18 tires for this truck. Are they both the Rugged Trail tires that everyone is complaining about?

·
Just Call Me Hank
1,415 Posts
You're almost stuck going with an "E" rated tire or staying with a P-metric car type tire. I have not seen "C" or "D" tires in the 18" with brands I was interested in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts