Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, new to the forum....

I've done my searching, but couldn't find the answer...

I have a Toyota Tundra 2006, Double Cab with the JBL system in it(Amp behind driver passenger seat).

I have a Avic-D2 ready to be put in.

I thought this was going to be an easy install but it looks like its not...

Now for my questions....

Will the TYTO-01 Adapter work with the JBL amp to connect to the D2?

If not, Is there a wiring harness that will connect from the stock stereo to the D2? I could not find any and don't think there are with the JBL system.

I want to avoid running individual wires from the JBL amp to the front. If theres any easier way, i'm all ears...Any input from anyone whose tried this or knows about it is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
~Brian

·
TS
579 Posts
I Would lose the amp altogether and run new speaker wires to the doors. In the process you can replace the factory speakers with some good ones. Even the JBLs on my wifes solara sounded much better when replaced. This way you can just splice to the pioneer harness for power and negative while running new speaker wires.

The Avic amp is very stout, I use it for my door speakers and it works well.

Also, look up the hack to be able to change routes and look up destinations while in motion. It is a life saver to not have to pull off the interstate just to get directions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i was thinking about just losing the amp altogether...still want to know what other choices i have left though...

Thanks for the tip on the hack...I hate that safety feature and will definately look into it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts