Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...I just hooked up the 5435 in the 2001 Sequoia. I have the ver. 1.4 dvd map disk. I had a few problems with it though.

1. The push buttons on both sides dont light up at night when the lights are turned on. Did I miss a wire? If so, where does the illumination wire from the AVN harness plug into on the sequoia????

2. Since I have the updated 1.4 disc, I did not connect the speed pulse wire from the AVN. Just the GPS antenna. I cannot get the NAV working correctly or really, at all. It keeps saying "Check pulse wire." I went into calibrate and it keeps displaying "Studying" and never gets to the GPS section with the 4 or 5 little satellite icons. Also, the Nav displays Fremont, Calif. What am I doing incorrectly?

Any and all help is appreciated.:ts:

·
Registered
2 Posts
You didnt hook up the illumination wire. Its the orange and white one. Tie it in to your dimmer switch. You also need to hook up your vss wire. It says check speed pulse cause its looking for the wire to be hooked up right. Not sure where it gets hooked up on your car, but its important for the enav to work the best way

1 - 2 of 2 Posts