Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BA mufflers located in San Diego was amazing. Got a custom stainless steel cat back exhaust system from them and the quality was amazing. dumps right in front of rear passenger tire and they paint all the tubing matte blacl with high heat paint to seal the deal. could not have been happier with the quality, service, and all around perfect not to mention truck sounds amazing. very noticeable improvement in low end torque and mid range power. big thanks to Keith at BA muffler and his knowledge was second to none. will post up pictures later

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice, thanks for the pictures, they may be a help when I install mine. I placed my order for the exact same 2 weeks ago. Hope to hear that it shipped soon.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
187 Posts
After taking a closer look at your pictures I can't tell if you have the Helmholtz or not. If you do can you post a photo please of where it mounts, If you don't have it how is the drone ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Nice, im getting mine installed by Kieth on Saturday. Can you smell exhaust fumes from the rear when the window is down?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice, im getting mine installed by Kieth on Saturday. Can you smell exhaust fumes from the rear when the window is down?
I kept the original exhaust tailpipe, no fumes

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have yet to install mine. Do the exit points interfere at all with the nerf bars? Is it a tight fit?
Mounted up nicely, in place of old pipe-n-muff.

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
After taking a closer look at your pictures I can't tell if you have the Helmholtz or not. If you do can you post a photo please of where it mounts, If you don't have it how is the drone ?
Kevinrx7---see above post. Never had any drone, but I did gain HP & MPG. Well, MPG is debateable, makes you want to drive with windows down & act 17. Worth every penny. Keith is the best at customer service & expert on his product that is second to none.:tu:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kevinrx7---see above post. Never had any drone, but I did gain HP & MPG. Well, MPG is debateable, makes you want to drive with windows down & act 17. Worth every penny. Keith is the best at customer service & expert on his product that is second to none.:tu:
Thank you for the additional pictures, they will be helpful to anyone using the factory tailpipe. I'm going to do the side exit like 05_tundra so hopefully he will reply about the Helmholtz. It wasn't obvious in his post or pictures if he is using one or not, or am I missing something ?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thank you for the additional pictures, they will be helpful to anyone using the factory tailpipe. I'm going to do the side exit like 05_tundra so hopefully he will reply about the Helmholtz. It wasn't obvious in his post or pictures if he is using one or not, or am I missing something ?
Keith being the expert on his system, in the countless hours of R&D he has done, for the sound & efficiency of his system, I would think he puts a Helmholtz on all of the 1Gen systems (at least on the posts that I have read over the last couple of years).

·
Registered
86 Posts
LOL, Kevin you are I are getting the exact same setup!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sorry for the late reply but yes i have the resonator that keith put on for me and no not a tight fit! everything perfect on it still. i actually broke a hanger a couple weeks ago offroading at ocotillo but Keith is a very standup guy and fixed it free of charge absolutely amazing! He also built me a custom electric fan setup with switch that has very noticeable low end gains and better mpgs 2-3 about on the freeway will post up pictures later!!

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Ok so I finally got my side exit BA muffler welded in last wen. I had some miscommunication with Keith and he originally sent me a system to use with the factory tailpipe, when I wanted a side exit. I take most of the blame because I asked him a bazillion questions and had contacted him with calls, emails, and text. I should have stuck with one form of communication. In the end it all worked out. I paid a little more than I wanted and Keith ate the cost of the second shipping so he probably had very little profit. He's a stand up guy and made sure I was a happy customer, thank you Keith.
The quality of the system is excellent, really makes the little 4.7 sound like a beast. It is a little louder than the Flowmaster around town but nice and quiet on the highway, very happy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Im getting mine done Tuesday!! Im local in San Diego so he's only a 25 minute drive from me!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok so I finally got my side exit BA muffler welded in last wen. It is a little louder than the Flowmaster around town but nice and quiet on the highway, very happy.
Really, Kevin? Yours is louder around town than a Flow Master? I had a Flow Master of some kind taken off and mine is much more well behave in all situations.
Did you get the 20" with resonator?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Really, Kevin? Yours is louder around town than a Flow Master? I had a Flow Master of some kind taken off and mine is much more well behave in all situations.
Did you get the 20" with resonator?
Yes 20" with Helmholtz, I had the American thunder kit which I believe has a 50 series muffler. This is defiantly louder around town. I guess I will have to double check my welds for a leak, I'm far from a pro at welding. Might have a small leak ? It is a louder than I was expecting but much quieter on the high way. I don't really mind that it is louder and have already given up on fuel economy. This is my second tank of gas since install, maybe next tank I will see how quiet I can drive in hopes of better mpg's, but I doubt it. :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts