Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Back In The Tundra

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Derek24 
#1 ·
Hello all, been years since I've posted here. When threw a FJ Cruiser, Sequoia, 1st gen Tacoma, 2012 Tacoma, now back into a 2006 Double Cab. Got to say it always felt like something was missing since I sold my 2000 Tundra. It was a great truck and never gave me a problem, just felt like I wanted to try something else. Live and learn. I picked up this 2006 locally from an old man. All stock with 84k miles. It was clean, but me being a detailer as profession, it is now brand new. Shortly after purchase I order 5100's all around, Method wheels wrapped in 285/75/16 BFG AT's. Added sound deadening and a stereo. Not going to crazy with this truck. I love being back into the 4.7, it is the perfect combo for this size of truck. Glad to back!

See less See more
#3 ·
Way to go Derek24! I’m liking your passion for the Tundra. I’m the original owner of a 2005 dbl cab and I have the same love for this truck. Over the years I’ve thought of selling it or trading it in but could never bring myself to do it. Why would I? It’s been a beast for 14 years. Never a problem, has NEVER left me stranded, it’s just a great vehicle. Mine has 238,000+ miles. At this point I’m gonna keep it til one of us dies, it’ll probably be me first.

#5 ·
Thanks. Yes I hear you on how great these trucks are. After going through all my other trucks with traction control, stability control, and all else, it seems like you not in control. These ruck are just slightyl bigger than the new tacomas, not as big as the new tundras, all while keeping a built proof V8! You cant beat these V8's!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.